Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #1 
clopez1

Cobalt Aquatics Accu-Therm heater

Hi..Has anyone used this heater? I have never heard of it till now that I was getting information on heaters to buy..I read one article that has very good things to say about it's features, seems to be a new product and I like to get as much information about a product before I buy it..If no one has I may bite the bullet and get one to do a review on since there are really none out there to help others.
clopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:01 AM   #2 
moonsand0wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by clopez1 View Post
Hi..Has anyone used this heater? I have never heard of it till now that I was getting information on heaters to buy..I read one article that has very good things to say about it's features, seems to be a new product and I like to get as much information about a product before I buy it..If no one has I may bite the bullet and get one to do a review on since there are really none out there to help others.
Nope I haven't sorry, but be careful with websites that have these "recommendations" etc on them, I've found sometimes it's actually just the people selling the product doing them. But, I say, bite the bullet! Or try one that others are frequent with :) OR wait awhile until it gets a bit old, the product, because other people would have brought it and then you can ask them lol .. .:)
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:28 AM   #3 
deso

It would be great if you could do a review, I'm quite curious of the quality of Cobalt. I've seen a few of their products online (mostly the foods) but they must be really new, because they aren't in any of the pet stores around here. Though, if you're looking for a new heater and need it to be functional in a tank ASAP, I'd personally go with one of the old trusted brands like Eheim, Rena or Hydor and give Cobalt a miss until a later date.
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #4 
clopez1

Thanks guys..I was going to review it but chickened out..Would hate for anything to happen to my fish so I may go with the hydor theo 50 when it gets a bit cooler.. My tank still doesn't go any cooler than 76 and I hate spending 30+ for something that I may not even need. We'll see.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:12 AM   #5 
lelei

There is an Elite heater on Amazon and it's adjustable, few here swear by it, say it's wonderful, I would look into that they are only 15$ or less..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #6 
clopez1

Nice..i'll look into that.Thanks
Old 11-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #7 
Matilda

I haven't used them before but I've been wanting to try their new Mini Therm heaters. Kensfish.com just started carrying them. I've got 2 of the Cascade 25w in my tanks & they work great. Plus they're less then $10.00!
Matilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #8 
clopez1

I have seen the cascades.. I'm surprised they work so well..I have seen their pictures and they look cheap..How long have you used them?
Old 11-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #9 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by clopez1 View Post
Nice..i'll look into that.Thanks

Here ya go But it's Preset..

lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #10 
clopez1

I was just looking at the elite with the temp gauge when I got the update email...Looks like a winner.