Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #1 
whiskandbowl

No More Bettas, I repeat, no more!

I've been dying to take home this beautiful veiltail boy home from work.

He's a peachy color with blue eyes! I've never ever seen a betta with blue eyes before.

But, I've limited myself to only taking home the fish that need it, ie rescues. Sigh. I wish I had room for a huge divided tank.
Someone buy him please so I don't have to see him go to a bad home

How many bettas would you have if you could?
whiskandbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #2 
madmonahan

Talking

Who would know how many I would have! I would be on tv for fish hording! :p of course I would take better care them, some of those people....sometimes they don't take good care of them :( but I would!!! Hahaha! BUT i'v ran out of room and time! I get busy between everything so i'v tried my best to not get anymore....don't worry! I think LOTS of us have done axactly what you have done! It's so hard to leave them sometimes :/ but you can't take them all....."sigh" :)
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #3 
whiskandbowl

I'd probably be a fish hoarder too (and ferret hoarder!), but I simply just don't have the room for more fishtanks. (Good thing my ferret cage can hold up to seven ferrets, especially since I have 4 now)

It's so hard working in a pet store watching your favorites get sold to people who don't know anything, and refuse to listen to good advice. I already passed up on a lovely navy blue veiltail with orange near his body and he got sold to some guy putting 2 bettas one of those .5gal divided monstrosities.
whiskandbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #4 
aqua001

I would take all of petsmart and petco's betta stock for the next 3 years... if only I had room... lol
aqua001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #5 
Shirleythebetta

I have almost thirty right now but I would have sororities all over my house(I'm not a breeder). If I get one more betta my husbands head might blow up.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #6 
LadyVictorian

I would have easily over 100 if I could.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:30 PM   #7 
titusthebetta

I think the problem for me is that I say that I'm satisfied with what I have, but then I see a betta that catches my eye and I say, "Oh, well, what's one more?" I think my limit right now is two, but I have no idea what I would do if I had the space/money for many bettas.
titusthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #8 
homegrown terror

i've been wanting to do a room totally covered (all four walls, and possibly ceiling) in nothing but betta tanks. i'd have to have enough money to hire a water-change team, though, so that's never happening.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:36 AM   #9 
vilmarisv

I have over 90 right now but that's because I have 78 healthy 9 week olds growing. Thats a LOT water changes.
Still I don't stop buying... receiving another 2 adults tomorrow :)
I can't wait for my babies to be adults already... although that will mean 78 jars to clean everyday!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:25 AM   #10 
aemaki09

If only I had more room, I only have 3 ATM, but definitely interested in more as soon as I figure out where to put another tank or two, or three...I'm also seriously considering breeding my CT so god only knows how many I'll have after that! Lol
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote