Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #11 
sandrac8388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billthebetta View Post
Sandracc8388 my betta looks just like your old one, and I can post a pic of him, he does not look well!
I'd say first get a heater! An adjustable one! I like the aqueons. They are a little pricey but definitely worth it. You can even use a 5 gallon tank instead of a 10. Or maybe even a 3. But definitely grab a heater. Second, get him better food. New life spectrum at petco is one of the best ones out there. Do your correct water changes so that ammonia doesn't build up to dangerous level. There is a sticky under this or Betta Care that will instruct you on how many changes to do per gallon. From there, you can buy a filter if you wish and cycle the tank but thats another topic. For now just grab a heater and some good food and a larger size tank. It will take a while but trust me he will get a lot better! He is probably cold. Oh, and also grab a thermometer so you can record the temp. and water conditioner (prime, found at petco).

If you have any questions feel free to send me a message! hope this helps!!
sandrac8388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #12 
Billthebetta

Yeah I got a 5 gallon, I was gonna set it up tonight and I got sun dried blood worms and stress coat and some more decor and a submersible heater for a 2-15 gal., so hopefully he'll do Better. Epsom salt helped a lot, he stays upright for longer now but I do believe it is water quality that is the problem. Thanks guys!
Billthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote