Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: Should aquatic animals be treated like this?
Maybe? 0 0%
NEVER!!! 15 100.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2012, 09:48 PM   #11 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
You're doing all you can. That was very nice of you to give them some pellets.
LOL, look at the tags "lol oops" and "I made pie"
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:02 PM   #12 
madmonahan

I do that with people, when my friend is down I just have to look at her/him....I know someone who has a betta in that condition.....but WORSE!!...I keep trying to convince them to give him to me but they won't budge!! Ask if you can take him, do you think they would let you?
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:07 PM   #13 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmonahan View Post
I do that with people, when my friend is down I just have to look at her/him....I know someone who has a betta in that condition.....but WORSE!!...I keep trying to convince them to give him to me but they won't budge!! Ask if you can take him, do you think they would let you?
hmm... on one hand I would really love another betta...
but on the other hand, I got no good tank to keep him in...

and I would really love to save that betta from it's... err... "miserble-ness"?
Old 11-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #14 
madmonahan

Ask if you can take him AND the tank. is it a bowl? You can keep him in that for awhile. Just keep up with water changes and feeding. Just ask! ;)
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #15 
Little Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmonahan View Post
Ask if you can take him AND the tank. is it a bowl? You can keep him in that for awhile. Just keep up with water changes and feeding. Just ask! ;)
yea it's a bowl, I visited the betta today and I found out it was a male. I secretly named him Epic!

however... I needed a good tank for Equinox and my parents never supported me, so I'm selling Equinox for $5.00 now cause I don't want her to be in a cup for the rest of her life!! I'm worried something like that will happen to Epic if I take him!

UPDATE ON EPIC: I gave the owner a small saucer of pellets and now his anal is healing
Old 11-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #16 
Little Leaf

UPDATE, URGENT: I went to visit Epic today... what I saw wasn't pretty. there was mixed up colors, black at the edge of tails and fins, white at the dorsal fins, inflamed gills... but most of all that alarmed me...

He had a red bump on his head.

The bump was swollen... I got no idea what to do! HELP?!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #17 
Sakura8

Well . . . the best thing would be for him to get a water change. Can you describe his behavior? Most importantly, was he breathing very heavily and was he just laying there on the bottom of the tank unresponsive?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #18 
Little Leaf

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Well . . . the best thing would be for him to get a water change. Can you describe his behavior? Most importantly, was he breathing very heavily and was he just laying there on the bottom of the tank unresponsive?
He only gets water changes 3 times a week.

Epic is darting (not too hard, but the water shakes a bit, I just can't hear the darting) and his colors are all messed up, there's red on the anal fin, orange and purple on the tail, white on the dorsal fin, but there's no ammonia, there is also fin rot affecting him a little bit. oh, and the red swollen bump on his head seems to be bothering him a bit, I think. He stops sometimes and his breathing goes really heavy... (like when someone has run a marathon without any training and has terrible staminia and has run non stop) he wasn't laying on the bottom of the tank though, he just darted, then stopped and started breathing heavily. this reminds me of those bettas in Pacific Mall that seemed to call out for help... (worst place to buy pets) Epic was really screaming out to me, hard...

What do I do? I tried to ask to temporarily keep him until he's better, but the owners said no... This is so frustrating... it feels like if he dies, it's gonna be my fault... I'm so discouraged right now.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #19 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Leaf View Post
He only gets water changes 3 times a week.

Epic is darting (not too hard, but the water shakes a bit, I just can't hear the darting) and his colors are all messed up, there's red on the anal fin, orange and purple on the tail, white on the dorsal fin, but there's no ammonia, there is also fin rot affecting him a little bit. oh, and the red swollen bump on his head seems to be bothering him a bit, I think. He stops sometimes and his breathing goes really heavy... (like when someone has run a marathon without any training and has terrible staminia and has run non stop) he wasn't laying on the bottom of the tank though, he just darted, then stopped and started breathing heavily. this reminds me of those bettas in Pacific Mall that seemed to call out for help... (worst place to buy pets) Epic was really screaming out to me, hard...

What do I do? I tried to ask to temporarily keep him until he's better, but the owners said no... This is so frustrating... it feels like if he dies, it's gonna be my fault... I'm so discouraged right now.
I agree with Sakura, another water change should help. I honestly don't know what else you should do. Add in IAL or washed dried oak leaves. I really can't believe the whole mixed up colors with you and bettas. There can't be any fin rot if there's no ammonia. How do you know there's no ammonia? And don't blame yourself if he dies, it's the true owner's fault.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #20 
Little Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
I agree with Sakura, another water change should help. I honestly don't know what else you should do. Add in IAL or washed dried oak leaves. I really can't believe the whole mixed up colors with you and bettas. There can't be any fin rot if there's no ammonia. How do you know there's no ammonia? And don't blame yourself if he dies, it's the true owner's fault.
OK.
also, I don't get the part: "I really can't believe the whole mixed up colors with you and bettas." I got confused...

(ps. nevermind the ammonia thing, I was just guessing cause the water was clean ^.^)

Tags
i made pie, lol, lol oops, my own what?, perry the platypus, pie's yummy!, take care of your own