Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-02-2012, 06:19 AM   #1 
asukabetta

Is it enough?

After Aquilies death, I think that the one thing would help me feel better is pamper my two bettas

I've decided to upgrade cheshire and blueberry's tank to this:

http://www.kiwoko.com/product_info.p...o-start-p-9250

it's about 3 gallons.

Cheshire has a 2,5 gallon bowl but I thought having a square home would be nice

Blueberry has a 1,8 gallon tank, I just thought he would love to explore a tad more.

Just wondering if my marina heater 10w would be enough for these, I know a place where they sell a relatively cheap heater, but of course that would mean only 1 betta can get the upgrade. (Which would be blue because he lives in a smaller tank)

I also want to add decoration as well Q_Q There is a volcaaaanooo I thinkk Blue would go gaga over.

I'm just worried that the tank looks rather tall, and I know betta's prefer long tanks than tall ones to breathe.

Total price:

2 tanks: 40 E

heater 12 E each total 24

led 16 lights x 2 = 32 (not included with tank)

Current budget 70E
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #2 
asukabetta

nvm I found a nice 11L tank with light + filter + gravel for 44E.

Just getting 1 for blue.

Next week Cheshire will have his own :)
Old 11-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #3 
Tikibirds

Longer is better BUT tall can work too. I had a 5 gallon marineland hex and that one is taller then longer. You can add plants that are tall and reach the surface or ones that float. That way when the betta is resting, it can rest on the leaves by the surface. They can be real or fake plants. In my tanks that don't have a light, I use plastic floating ones. In the morning, I will find the bettas just chilling on top of the plastic plants. They do the same thing in the tank with live plants.

I don't know if they have there where you are but they will float if not anchored into the gravel. I just rip the plastic bottom part off and its pretty soft plastic so I doubt they can hurt their fins on it
http://www.marineandreef.com/Tetra_W...FQ-f4AodLm0AXg
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #4 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
Longer is better BUT tall can work too. I had a 5 gallon marineland hex and that one is taller then longer. You can add plants that are tall and reach the surface or ones that float. That way when the betta is resting, it can rest on the leaves by the surface. They can be real or fake plants. In my tanks that don't have a light, I use plastic floating ones. In the morning, I will find the bettas just chilling on top of the plastic plants. They do the same thing in the tank with live plants.

I don't know if they have there where you are but they will float if not anchored into the gravel. I just rip the plastic bottom part off and its pretty soft plastic so I doubt they can hurt their fins on it
http://www.marineandreef.com/Tetra_W...FQ-f4AodLm0AXg
thanks! I found a long one XD One day when I have the money Imma put a one piece theme in one of my tanks LOL.