Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #1 
sainthogan

Eep, Fishy uprooted her Lilly

This morning I caught her trying to squish herself between the Lilly bulb and the gravel. There were only a few roots holding it down. I guess she somewhat succeeded because now her Lilly plant is floating at the top of the tank.
I've also caught her nipping at her other plant, I've had to remove several strands of it because they've had bite marks and the tops were dying. It's some sort of grass plant, but I can't remember what it's called.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:04 AM   #2 
moonsand0wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainthogan View Post
This morning I caught her trying to squish herself between the Lilly bulb and the gravel. There were only a few roots holding it down. I guess she somewhat succeeded because now her Lilly plant is floating at the top of the tank.
I've also caught her nipping at her other plant, I've had to remove several strands of it because they've had bite marks and the tops were dying. It's some sort of grass plant, but I can't remember what it's called.
Aw cute. But naughty :P Is she hungry? I'm no expert but I've found if fish are hungry they'll nip at plants even when they're carnivores.
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:31 AM   #3 
sainthogan

She could think she is, I guess, she eats like a piggy every time I feed her. I certainly feed her plenty though, so o.O I buried the plant, and she uprooted it again. Maybe she likes it floating at the top. I'll try burying the roots again today and see what happens. I'm adding some more bulbs of different plants today.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #4 
moonsand0wls

LOL!
I'm not there, so I don't know, but does she have heaps of places to hide? She might be trying to hide.. under the plant o.O haha.. cute though... maybe she wants something to "hide under" maybe you could get some plants that cover partial the surface of the tank :) it may just be what she prefers, all fish have their own preferences lol.

Good :)
Old 11-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #5 
sainthogan

She does have places to hide, she's got a pineapple home that she uses sometimes and there are other plants in the tank and sometimes she goes behind the filter and rests on a ledge that it has on it. But if the plant ever can stay in the ground, it's supposed to grow to the water's surface with very large leaves. I reburied it today, so we'll see what happens. She did seem to enjoy having it up at the top of the tank though.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #6 
moonsand0wls

Aw what a cute home!! A pineapple, reminds me of Spongebob :P Yeah, good luck, she may just want it on the top if she does it again. Fish can be such funny creatures ^-^