Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-01-2012, 06:25 PM   #1 
Irishdancer

Temporary Homes for new fishes

I just bought two new fish today, a female veiltail and a baby. I've ordered tanks for them online, but they won't be here until at least Monday, and probably not until a few days after that. So I went through my closet and found two plastic storage containers and cleaned them with very hot water. One is 5 gallons (bigger than the tanks I've ordered) and the other doesn't say how big it is, but I'd guess it's about a gallon. Would those make good temporary homes? They don't have heaters yet either, but I think I'll let the baby borrow a heater from one of my other fish's tanks.
Irishdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #2 
ao
TFK Moderator

put the one gallon inside the 5 gallon and heat the 5 gallon :D
ao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #3 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Well, next time you get some fish, try and order everything you need like your tank especially and your heaters. I won't really go into cycling but you should research on that for next time.

Now the 5 gallon container could work I suppose as long as it is temporary. You need to find some way to heat this so your bettas don't suffer. Believe they will need a heater especially in the night. The 1 gallon container is a problem. You would need to do water changes at least 2 times a week although 3 times would be best. Heating it would be tougher than heating the 5 gal. Again, your baby betta would need that the most.
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote