Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #1 
dbockrath

Now I've seen everything...

http://www.nocleanaquariums.com/category_s/1825.htm

It's a little half-gallon jar with a faucet built in, so they're marketing it as a self-cleaning betta aquarium. Rave reviews, but of course none from anyone who actually knows anything about fish. I like how they say to only use with bettas because other fish actually need filtration.
dbockrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #2 
Nothingness

This is the best part.....

Is a half-gallon too small for my Betta?

Thereís a lot of controversy surrounding aquarium size for Betta fish. Adding to the confusion is that many manufacturerís make half-gallon Betta tanks, and most provide a lousy home. Thatís why we built a better one! You see, the #1 problem with half-gallon tanks is that the small water volume pollutes quickly and becomes unsafe for fish. This happens because most people donít clean their aquariums enough. Our system makes the cleaning quick and painless. A clean half-gallon is a much better home than an aquarium 10 times its size thatís not properly maintained. Like most things in life, itís the water quality, not quantity thatís most important.

Betta donít swim around a lot and donít need much space to be happy. They like to float and hover in the water. As you see in our video and pictures, this aquarium provides plenty of room for your Betta fish to swim and play. Weíve had our fish for well over a year in a variety of half-gallon prototypes. They are awesome, beautiful, happy and healthy fish! Bottom line: Activate the self-cleaning system regularly, provide good food and some love and your fish will thrive in this aquarium just like ours are thriving!
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #3 
crowntaillove

that's A LOT of money for a half gallon fish tank. but i do agree that a clean 1/2 gallon is better than a 10 gallon that's never had a water change.
crowntaillove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:24 AM   #4 
rleroy1967

You wouldn't swim around to much in a half gallon of water either. Fish do like to swim around! They are just trying to sell this thing. All this is a sophisticated water changer.
rleroy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:17 AM   #5 
Blacklight

I'm horrified. The poor things!!! There's barely any room for those poor fish!!! Did you see their demonstration video when they poured the water in? The poor little guy pretty much got banged into the bottom from the current!!!

It looks like they invented an undergravel filter for a fish bowl.
Blacklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:21 AM   #6 
ao
TFK Moderator

lol after the heater goes in there will be no room left. I know, because I have similar sized jars.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:48 AM   #7 
ao
TFK Moderator

I was ok with it until they began making stupid and obviously misleadig claims.
sent them this email. lol
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #8 
Blacklight

When they say that "Bettas don't need room because they like to float in the water", they've never seen mine in action.
My boy, before he got sick used to go up to the top of the water and zip really fast, pushing his body above the water. The damn thin was pretty much body surfing. I've never seen a fish do that. It used to keep him entertained for hours on end.

Or maybe he's referring to "Belly up" at the top of his Betta prison?

Last edited by Blacklight; 10-27-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Blacklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #9 
sareena79

the concept itself is kinda neat but they need to work on offering it on a larger scale, I mean come on could they have not atleast made them a 1 gallon?
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #10 
sainthogan

I emailed them too.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote