Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #1 
zebra3

Got my new tank!

I got my new Eclipse 3 gallon in the mail today. Heater should arrive this weekend. Got my driftwood, got some gravel, and I'm definitely getting some plants. Question is, do I have to do anything to feed the plants. I intend to get one anubias to attach to the driftwood with fishing wire, and maybe a couple others to plant in the substrate, which again, is going to be gravel. Unless someone tells me otherwise.

THANKS
zebra3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #2 
MyRainbowBettaFish

thats wonderful! i have the same tank, and its AMAZING! The light is so beautiful! Good luck!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #3 
zebra3

Thanks. The heater I bought is the Hydor 25W. I should get it this weekend. I don't want to do any set up until I know for sure that I don't need sand or dirt, but that I can use the aquarium gravel. It's non-toxic and all that.

PS- Amazon sent me the Eclipse 3 with a broken access hatch, it costs $12 to replace through Marineland, and I told them that and they refunded me $12 instead of making me send it back and wait to get my new setup going. Pretty cool, considering the tank got to CT in 3 days through a hurricane.

Acually, RAINBOW- can you post a photo of your whole tank?
Old 11-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #4 
Friendlyfishies

sounds nice, cant wait to see it!
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #5 
zebra3

I didn't really get an answer about planting in gravel but I have another question:

Is there ANY problem with putting a 25Watt heater in an acrylic tank?
Old 11-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #6 
zebra3

I know this thread kind of died, but I figure I'll post a photo of my new tank:

I recommend clicking "view image" after right clicking. I couldn't resize.

Sorry it's so big. This is before plants. I plan to attach an Anubuas nana to the driftwood on the left side, then get some XMAS moss for around that area and get a few cherry shrimp. I figure with the wood and the moss that will be enough hiding places to not get eaten. At least the bigger ones. I know someone who will sell me a couple that are over an inch/inch and a half in size, so hopefully that will be big enough to deter eating.
I wanted to get another fish or two, but unfortunately couldn't find anything that would go that I liked. I looked at a balloon molly (and mollies in general) as well as black redtail variatus. Oh well.

Last edited by zebra3; 11-04-2012 at 09:45 PM.