Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-04-2012, 12:43 AM   #11 
patty g

No. When I come close to him ,even with his regular food , he darts & hides. I leave him alone but the food remains floating and I wind up skimming it off of the water surface at the end of the day. He still has all his vibrant blue color ,no stripes ,but is very thin now. I'm so upset that I can't figure out what's wrong!

Last edited by patty g; 11-04-2012 at 12:48 AM. Reason: add comment
patty g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:56 AM   #12 
patty g

Thanks so much for your well wishes and encouragement.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #13 
patty g

Since a 25% water change did nothing to clear up Ruby's water after I treated him with maracyn2, I decided to do a 100% water change even though I didn't know if he'd survive it! Made sure the water temp was the same and when I returned him to his tank he miraculously started swimming around and was interested in food again! He has been doing fairly well this week but I see that his balance is a little off the last few days as I still haven't seen any signs of him pooping. It's going on 6 weeks and I've resorted to the pea treatment but haven't seen any results so far. I'm so afraid that he has a blockage that can't be cured and that the antibiotics just bought him some time. Does anybody know what else I can do for him?