Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #11 
whatsupyall

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoTheLakerBetta View Post
Although they may be tolerable, bettas would be happier, healthier, and would live longer in better conditions.
Okay smart guy, describe "better condition".
whatsupyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #12 
whatsupyall

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
Again...there fish has serious fin rot from the tap water so it's unsafe...but normally if tap water has low to no ammonia it's safe. Unfortunately in the case it's killing the fish.

Edit: +1 to Leo
How do you know it's the ammonia killing the fish? How do you know it's the tap water causing the fin rot? How do you know all this? Are you just bored with the laker fan person? Lol
Old 11-02-2012, 11:21 PM   #13 
whatsupyall

Quote:
Although they may be tolerable, bettas would be happier, healthier, and would live longer in better conditions.
No offense or any of that, but I gotta ask this. Are you bored and just trolling?
Old 11-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #14 
LadyVictorian

No it's proven science that ammonia is deadly to fish. It's fact not trolling, didn't you know that ammonia is dangerous? The highest ammonia should ever be is .25. It's fatal to fish and can cause death and illness in fish. Science my friend, science.

Here is the proof my friend, all fish keepers know about it.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/mari...um/ammonia.php
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #15 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Lol. I am trying not to take this personally. But you just ask anyone on this forum. Anyone. And they will tell you ammonia will kill your fish. I don't need to explain that. You may be right about the tap water; you don't know whether it is causing it. But ammonia is deifinitely a killer. And by better conditions I mean clean water without ammonia, nitrite,and nitrate and heated and filtered and not overstocked.

I'm not out here trying to grill you. I'm trying to help other poeple who are willing to accept information and make reforms to their current fish tank ethics.
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #16 
whatsupyall

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
No it's proven science that ammonia is deadly to fish. It's fact not trolling, didn't you know that ammonia is dangerous? The highest ammonia should ever be is .25. It's fatal to fish and can cause death and illness in fish. Science my friend, science.

Here is the proof my friend, all fish keepers know about it.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/mari...um/ammonia.php
Yeah, I give that to you. I misread his ammonia level as .15, which I figure then that it wasn't enough to hurt the fish. Apologies.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:33 PM   #17 
LadyVictorian

No the ammonia level is 1.0 which is beyond fatal. That is why the op can't use there tap water for the fish anymore. It's hardly helping him along with his issues and he has been fighting this for a month now.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #18 
whatsupyall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopardfire View Post
I'm only using the bottled water while I treat his fin rot. My tap water has high ammonia so I can't cure him while he's in it. He will only be in the bottled water for about a week so I think it will be ok even if it doesn't have the exact right amount of minerals.
Yeah sorry man, you're out of luck lol. Good news, you can cycle your fish tank without fish or added ammonia . So yeah, you're right, stick with the bottle till your water is cycled.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:40 PM   #19 
whatsupyall

Quote:
Lol. I am trying not to take this personally. But you just ask anyone on this forum. Anyone. And they will tell you ammonia will kill your fish. I don't need to explain that. You may be right about the tap water; you don't know whether it is causing it. But ammonia is deifinitely a killer. And by better conditions I mean clean water without ammonia, nitrite,and nitrate and heated and filtered and not overstocked.

I'm not out here trying to grill you. I'm trying to help other poeple who are willing to accept information and make reforms to their current fish tank ethics.
Yeah, you're right. As I mention, I misread his ammonia level. However, I was referring to water hardness/softness and ph not making a difference if it is stable at all times. Ammonia on the other hand, apparently is really important in fish health.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:51 PM   #20 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Yeah, pH doesn't matter too much as long as it is constant. However, if the water is more hard/basic/alkaline, then crowntail fins are likely to curl up.
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bottled water, minerals, prime