Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #11 
LebronTheBetta

Oh, LOL. Sorry!!
What do you mean by naturally? A fish-in cycle or a fishless cycle is the owner's choice. Never mind, there's no hope for my brain. >.>
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #12 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Oh, LOL. Sorry!!
What do you mean by naturally? A fish-in cycle or a fishless cycle is the owner's choice. Never mind, there's no hope for my brain. >.>
If you allow the water lay still for a month or so. With the filter working (OFC, fully setup aquarium) and do an occasional water change the cycle gets complete without any fuss.

Don't worry about not understanding what I say, I am pretty much not sober right now ha! But I think I am right of the above. At least thats what my brain tells me I did for the past 15 years.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #13 
LebronTheBetta

Hm... Now I understand. But where's the ammonia source? Wait, LF has 1ppm in his tap water. If he adds some throughout the week, he doesn't need to use pure ammonia. I haven't even reached 15 years yet. ;w;
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #14 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Hm... Now I understand. But where's the ammonia source? Wait, LF has 1ppm in his tap water. If he adds some throughout the week, he doesn't need to use pure ammonia. I haven't even reached 15 years yet. ;w;
You answered yourself. Tap water has it inside in small quantities waiting to take over. Especially if you let the water still, so to speak.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #15 
Leopardfire

My tap water has 1ppm ammonia, but I want to add a little more to make it around 2 or 3ppm so the cycle goes faster and can handle more.
Leopardfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #16 
whatsupyall

I just got back into betta hobby after 3 years of retirement. However, in the past, I hardly ever cycled my tanks before placing fish in there, or at least I cycled them with the bettas in there and they seem super healthy the whole time lol. Especially fry's. I just set up my 55 gallon, dechlorinate it. Add a filter. Slowly acclimate the fry into the 55 gallon and voila. Healthy healthy healthy me, I eat fruits and vegetables that are good for me lol. However, I strongly recommend cycling your tanks. You would be doing the right thing.
whatsupyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #17 
LadyVictorian

The issue is Leopard's fish is too ill to do a fish in cycle. He's suffering serious fin rot from the ammonia in the water. Hardware has ammonia, it works well though your water seems to have a good supply of it as well >. I wish you tons of luck on cycling.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #18 
Leopardfire

I added my betta without cycling to the 10 gallon and though the ammonia never got super high, he ended up with fin rot which is now so severe that he could die. I will always cycle from now on because it's just not worth it the time saved by not doing it if the fish get sick.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #19 
LadyVictorian

I have my fingers crossed for you and your fishy Leopardfire. I really hope with the spring water you can get him to good health again.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #20 
Leopardfire

Thank you and I hope so too. His fins haven't gotten any worse today, so I think the Triple Sulfa may be slowing it down. He's been battling fin rot for over a month, so I really hope he can get better.

Tags
ammonia, i made pie!!, it's so yummy ;), where to buy