Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #1 
AttemptedM

some decor questions

First, I would like to use some things that have been painted with acrylic. I'm a little concerned about chemicals and now well acrylic holds up after long periods in water. Is there anything I can use to seal it with to be safe for both fish and paint?

Second, cork? Like from wine bottles. I have some ideas about using fishing weights to anchor corks in the tank. Any reason it wouldn't be safe?
AttemptedM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #2 
LeoTheLakerBetta

I am not sure about the acrylic paint but the cork should be fine as long as you get any wine in there. You could boil just to be safe.
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:32 AM   #3 
Luxavior

Decor painted with acrylic paints should be fine if you seal it using aquarium-safe silicone caulking, the same kind used to piece aquariums together & seal.

You just put a thin coat on with your hand while wearing gloves and let it fully cure.
Make sure you don't miss any spots just to be safe.

It'll smell until its fully cured.
Luxavior is offline   Reply With Quote