Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #1 
MoonShadow

MoonShadow Betta Rescue Update Thread!

Since I run a pretty well know betta rescue, and have the means to have as many as 10 rescues at any given time, I thought it would be a good idea to start this thread so I can keep everyone updated with my rescues, instead of starting a bunch of individual threads!!

So to start I will introduce the 5 rescues I currently have.

This guy was originally more of a sympathy (and an OMG he's gorgeous) purchase, rather then a rescue, he was in pretty good shape, but I could not walk away from him. I gave him to a "friend" of mine who was looking for a betta for her little brother, I explained proper care, even gave her an extra 1.5 gallon and a heater, plus extra food and some indian almond leaves (explaining that she could put a small piece of the lead in and take it out once the water had a slight amber tinge)

I got a text from her about 3 weeks later that her brother didn't like the betta and wanted to know if I would take him back. Her boyfriend dropped him off the same day... and I was SHOCKED when i saw him. First of all they threw 2 whole leaves in the tank, and the water was almost black. They never set up the heater, they never cleaned the tank... He came back to me with swimming issues, rot, and skinny... ugh!

Here he is the day I got him from petsmart

a video of him the day after I got him back from my "friend"
http://youtu.be/6xYTwuqYEVY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is Toby, he was a Craigslist rescue. Came to me with another male who I unfortunately lost. Toby is older, probably around 3 years, maybe more. He is healthy now, but has proven very hard to adopt out (probably because of his common color and tail type) But I think I have finally found a forever home for him.

Peaches (Pink Dal) and Lillianna (blue) Were found in a cup together at petsmart. Luckily they are both very docile girls (who now live happily in my sorority)

This is Geronimo, I just acquired him today from Petsmart. There was a couple there, they were looking at the bettas, and the woman loved this pretty doubletail (the only one there) and it was obvious he was the only one there "up to her standards", I overheard them talking to one of the employees say how they had a 10 gallon with some sharks and a small bowl and they wanted to get a betta and which would the betta be better in. And the employee telling them that the bowl would be better. And the lady saying but the betta would look so pretty with the sharks. Let me tell you, it might not have been the best solution, but I grabbed that doubletail and ran!

He's stressed and skinny, but I think he's going to be fine

Last edited by MoonShadow; 11-02-2012 at 09:43 PM.
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #2 
sareena79

love the doubletail, so glad u were able to save him from the crazy shark lady! sorry your "friend" undid all your hard work on the other betta, hopefully u can nurse him back to health again. and TWO in ONE cup? are u kidding me???
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #3 
RedRaz

These bettas are in great hands! You are awesome at caring for them. I'm quite in love with the first betta. I saw him on FB and have been hoping to adopt him when he is better. If you are looking maybe you could keep me in mind? I'm Stephanie Owlly on FB btw. ;)
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #4 
MoonShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaz View Post
These bettas are in great hands! You are awesome at caring for them. I'm quite in love with the first betta. I saw him on FB and have been hoping to adopt him when he is better. If you are looking maybe you could keep me in mind? I'm Stephanie Owlly on FB btw. ;)
Of course! I will let you know as soon as he is healthy enough for his forever home!
Old 11-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #5 
RedRaz

Thank you! :)
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:01 AM   #6 
LadyVictorian

I'm going to be following this thread for sure. Such beautiful fish.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #7 
MoonShadow

I'm going to be hitting up petsmart later, and taking pictures of everyone with the GOOD camera!! So stay tuned for updates!
Old 12-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #8 
MoonShadow

Well unfortunately an unexpected power outage (that i wasn't home for) claimed the lives of all but 3 of my boys and all but 4 of my girls. so I'm basically starting over from scratch again.

I currently have 2 boys looking for their forever homes, neither of them can be shipped, one is an elderly red veiltail male and the other is a turquoise HM with tail biting issues. I will post most info later on them.