Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #1 
LadyVictorian

This Color

The more and the more I look over my rescue betta Hollow the more I realize his color is AMAZING.

Sure he is a common veiltail but get this. Hollow is a cherry red veiltail, big deal right? With blue was on his fins and get this...BLUE SCALES hidden on his body in two to three perfect lines on his upper body. When light hits them they make the top half of his body look almost blue while the bottom half remains black/dark red.

Now the sugar on top? The top half of his eyes are orange and the bottom half are blue. For a guy I thought was a common red veiltail male he's turned into something I haven't seen yet.Certainly a strange cherry red boy.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #2 
LeoTheLakerBetta

I think I know what you are talking about in terms of the blue color on his body. Its that blue iridescence that shows up at certain angles of light. It looks very nice and I can only imagine how well it turns up on your fish. Now, Hollow's eyes sound very cool and new to me. I know my betta, Spud, eyes' have a rim of light blue around it. I'm sure Hollow's is much cooler though
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:21 AM   #3 
LadyVictorian

YES, iridescence to it, that is exactly what it is. Red body but a blue sheen. It's so bizarre I haven't seen that before. I have seen blues have green sheens but never reds with blue sheen. I need to get a closeup shot of his eyes too, they are very pretty. It's like fire meets ice.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #4 
sainthogan

My girl has a red/gold body, pretty plain in normal lighting, but when you shine a flashlight directly on her, she has purple iridescent stripes on her tail and body. (You can see it in my avatar picture)
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote