Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-02-2012, 09:38 PM   #1 
moonsand0wls

DIY tank dividers?

So, NOWHERE around here sells pre-made tank dividors. Just the suction cup things and you have to put mesh or something in. But they're not really that good, so I thought, hey, maybe I could DIY some.

So, I was wondering, what is a SAFE way to do a DIY tank divider? I know there are heaps of tutorials online but they're all different and they keep on going on about "safe" ...
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #2 
Alcemistnv

I have my dividers which have worked for 3 months with no fail :)

You get binder covers, which are basically a long piece of plastic which clamps papers together. You take the plastic pieces and insert a plastic mesh, which is the twin needle mesh (it's hard plastic). You put the mesh between two of the binders and voila a divider :D
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:29 AM   #3 
moonsand0wls

Oh thanks :D I'm going to go into town and find the mesh. It's so hard living in a rural community because they have NOTHING like that. It's all about cattle, sheep and bulls -_-

I hope they work c:
Old 11-03-2012, 06:29 AM   #4 
jsgossamer

I use the same DIY dividers and they work great. I lined suction cups on both sides so that there is no way they can shift, plus it blocks the sides that much more.. Just make sure they are high enough so your bettas don't jump over them.
jsgossamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:07 AM   #5 
prosthetik

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsand0wls View Post
Oh thanks :D I'm going to go into town and find the mesh. It's so hard living in a rural community because they have NOTHING like that. It's all about cattle, sheep and bulls -_-

I hope they work c:
I know exactly how you feel about living in a rural community! No one here has anything! I went for a 3 hour drive today just to look for stuff but not much more
prosthetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #6 
tromboneplaya

I made dividers in the same way as everyone else. Just report cover spines and craft mesh. I actually siliconed mine in so they wouldn't fall over....I'm always very worried about potential fights!
tromboneplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #7 
Bettanewbie60

I've made all of my dividers, and made them snug so I didn't need any adhesive...they have worked great!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #8 
moonsand0wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosthetik View Post
I know exactly how you feel about living in a rural community! No one here has anything! I went for a 3 hour drive today just to look for stuff but not much more
It's horrible right! -_- I ALWAYS have to go for extra long drives to get stuff.. I just wish since they're a farming community they would have a fish store not just cattle etc.. but nooo apparently not... I should open one ;)

Also, thank you all (: I will try and find those materials tomorrow! I'm very worried about fighting, too, as one of the females is rather agressive towards my other fish and needs to be divided.