Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #1 
LadyVictorian

Nix and Aquarius

So when I put Nix and Aquarius side by side in their cups like I normally do when cleaning their tanks Aquarius ignored her as he always does at first. However once he looked at her he flared a little then stopped and just watched her and Nix (who's body is normally slightly light because she is still a young girl, about 3 months old) turned BRIGHT BRIGHT purple. I mean her whole body turned purple. Normally when fish are stressed they go pale right? Well can they become brightly colored when stressed too? Her color was very beautiful and I have never seen her do that before where she actually darkened. What was that all about?
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:33 PM   #2 
sainthogan

? flirting maybe? I'm not sure
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #3 
LadyVictorian

I don't know, she's only three months old. Is that old enough to be ready to mate?
Old 11-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #4 
LebronTheBetta

Yeah she's old enough, don't be alarmed if you see vertical bars as well. She wants to, you know... "Produce some offspring" xD
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #5 
LadyVictorian

Well not in my house. >.< I consider Aquarius her big brother...ick, I would rather she flirted with Hollow my rescue boy not her big bro.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #6 
LebronTheBetta

Nothing is wrong with being inbred. As long as you're a Betta. xD How's your rescue going along?
Old 11-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #7 
LadyVictorian

He's doing great. I let him be apart of the sibling social gathering and he was showing the youngins a thing or two about being a betta. He's feeling good and spry, even found a new favorite hiding place, under the lid I put at the bottom of his hospital tank so he couldn't see his reflection. I walked into the room to him flaring at his reflection and it was so weird seeing his face aimed down and his but in the air. Now that he discovered how to squirm under the lid he's giving me a heart attack. I keep thinking he died and then I open the tank and he swims up to say hi >.<
Old 11-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #8 
bryanacute

She is defiantly ready to breed. If u do breed them u would have to breed Nix and Aquarius cause they recognize each other and they flirted so it would be best
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #9 
LadyVictorian

Oh I don't plan on breeding them. Aquarius has poor conformation and Nix is just a veiltail. If I wanted to breed I would get more impressive fish. Plus call me selfish but babies would get in the way of our epic bounds. Nix is my baby girl (rescued her as a baby) and Aquarius is my gamer buddy. If he had babies to watch then he couldn't watch me play Skyrim anymore. Dragon slaying is our fav pastime.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #10 
LebronTheBetta

Looks like he's doing great!! Don't worry about it, he'll be fine. I'ma search that rescue thread.
Breeding is a TON work. And it also shortens their lifespan so if you're really close to them, I don't recommend it.