Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old Today, 02:37 PM   #1 
Meade

Exclamation Well sometimes life gets in the way.

It seems like life takes over sometimes. Since I was last here in June so much has happened.

Some of you know, or may have read, that my cat was really sick. He had IBD and possibly ulcerative colitis. I'd been taking care of him everyday, medicating, wadhinng him, etc.

Then my Aunt passed away last day of August. Which left me stunned, because I didn't get notice until a week later because of issues with my family. Then shortly after that we had to let go of Raz, our sickly Bengal.

The story I wrote after we'd left the vets:
"September 13 2015 will be a day I always remember. It was the night we lost a wonderful companion and family member.

Around 9:15 pm I went to check on Raz as I had a feeling he pottied himself again. I cleaned up the mess and gave him a bum bath. Very shortly after that he crawled across the room, lain down in a funny position and had a seizure or stroke. It was the scariest thing in my life.

We rushed him to the vets, thankfully my vets always have someone on call. While we waited the hubby and I discussed what we felt was right. We didn't see him getting better.

The vet looked Raz over and wanted to keep him as he was severely anemic. He said that it was most likely cancer. It was high on the list.

Hubby and I decided it was right to end his pain. It has been the hardest decision of my life.

He was a great cat, he loved everyone! He loved to play fetch and snuggle. I'm really going to miss my bubby.

Raz left this world around 10-10:30 pm. He left knowing we did everything we could and that we loved him so much. At least I hope he did.

R.I.P. Rasputin"

With grief heavy in my heart I continued to move on because I have another cat and 2 bettas to take care of. But just 2 weeks ago, I lost both Ganymede and Io. Don't know why, how, etc... Just woke up to both dead.

So it's been a very long few months. I'm hoping to get a couple new betta boys on Monday. We'll see what happens.

I've missed you all. How have you guys been?

Here's a pic not long before Raz passed, he was happily snuggling. He was a great cat!
Meade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:44 PM   #2 
Witchipoo

Oh, so sorry for all your pain.
I don't know you, I only joined in December, but the folks here have become like family.
Your kitty was lovely, you did a kind, selfless thing for him.
Witchipoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:09 PM   #3 
Meade

Thank you witchipoo! I was in denial the first few days, but after I realized it was the best for him.

Welcome to the family!
Meade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:32 PM   #4 
Olivia27

I'm sorry to hear this Meade :( I'm new too - just joined a month before @Witchipoo - but I'd like to express my condolences. Rest assured that you did all you could, and you did the right thing. RIP Raz, Ganymede and Io <3
Olivia27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:41 PM   #5 
BettaMommaHeather

I am so sorry for your loss Meade, he is jumping and romping on the other side of the rainbow bridge. Losing your Bettas suddenly as well, gosh I am so sorry. Hugs and chocolate.
BettaMommaHeather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:56 PM   #6 
lilnaugrim
TFK Moderator

Meade!!!!!

Welcome back!!! I missed you too ^_^

I'm sorry about Raz, I recently lost my own kitty too from massive cancer around his heart that we didn't know about until three days before he passed. We made the decision to put him to sleep, hardest thing I've done in a long time. It was the middle of August so just before Raz, it's still hard to think about him too. If you ever need someone, I'm always here as you know

Shame about your fishes too! Sometimes things just happen for no reason. I'm glad you're able to move on though and deal with it little by little even if it hurts, it's a good thing to do ^_^
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote