Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-09-2016, 02:58 PM   #1 
jadaBlu

Red face Do you let your animals kiss/lick you on the lips?

I don't intentionally let my cats or dogs do this-especially my dog as he is not beyond eating poop (ewww! I know). What are your thoughts on this?
jadaBlu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 03:01 PM   #2 
Olivia27

My dog doesn't lick anyone anywhere but I don't allow it with other people's dogs. I know technically the inside of an average human mouth is dirtier than a dog's tongue anyway but I just don't like it. I also don't allow the dog to get on top of furnitures or enter the kitchen though so maybe I'm just sour XD
Olivia27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 03:05 PM   #3 
Fishybitty

My one cat licks arms, other then that they will sniff my face but not lick it.

:)
Fishybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 03:14 PM   #4 
jadaBlu

The cats can get on the furniture but the dog can't. He sheds alot, he's larger and come in from outside with a nice doggy odor. I like dogs but I've never been fond of their smell. One of my cats will try to lick me obsessively. I think he is trying to groom me. It's drives me nuts. He won't stop. I will let them lick my hands occasionally but I can easily go wash my hands and I do. You can actually get roundworms if your pet has them if they happen to lick an open sore.
jadaBlu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 03:23 PM   #5 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Can't say I allow my dog to lick me on the lips as there is no need for it. The face is fine tho, my dog is a nose licker , I love that about him :)

On another note I got called very bad names on Facebook because I said I thought feeding a healthy dog from a spoon was stupid , some people don't get that dogs are not babies so yes I do draw the line at how I treat my dog which does include respect apparently .

Great question Jada thanks for starting this thread .

Last edited by Perseusmom; 01-09-2016 at 03:33 PM.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 03:31 PM   #6 
Witchipoo

Ugh, no. My dogs eat all kinds of gross stuff like cat poo.
Witchipoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:24 PM   #7 
Tourmaline

My APBT is a big time mouth licker, he won't lick you anywhere else but your lips. If your face is anywhere near his, be prepared to put your hand over your mouth. I hate it, but that's just how he is.

My Yorkie/Maltese mix is an ear and eye licker, little weirdo.. If he's excited, the first thing he'll go for is your ear, and if you pull him away from that, your eye is next. He only tries to lick you on the mouth if you make kissy noises.

I don't exactly let them do it, but I tolerate it to an extent, and work around it.
Tourmaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:33 PM   #8 
BeautifulBettaFishies

My dog isn't too licky. She'll lick my feet if she wants my attention (I don't know why. Feet of all things) and my hands when I try and stroke her, lol.

My guinea pigs give me kisses on my hands, and Tiggy gave me one on my chin once, but that's it.

My horses though, especially Harry, loves to give me kisses. I tell him "can I have a kiss?" and he'll rub his giant lips across my face and smudge all my makeup once.
One of my friends dated me to feed him a apple from my mouth. I did it because I was proving he wouldn't hurt me, but I'll admit it was kinda gross.
BeautifulBettaFishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:37 PM   #9 
LittleBettaFish
Reference Team

It doesn't really bother me too much if my dogs give me a kiss on the lips every now and then. I am a nail biter, so I'm sure that's putting me into contact with just as many germs as one of my dogs occasionally licking me on the lips/face.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:35 PM   #10 
Carlieflowers

My dog tries to give kisses to everyone. I tried to get her to stop but no one seems to mind she's so little and has such a tiny mouth haha she looks like a puppy still so I think people just let it fly hahaha she's isn't allowed in the kitchen though or anywhere near us when we are eating. My pet rats lick me too but I can't really stop them or teach em not to. Not that id want to! They are so cute and have the itty bittiest licks!
Carlieflowers is offline   Reply With Quote