Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #1 
Gracie8890

Why is life so hard??*rant threAd*

Ok so ive been having just. Horrible day. Ive been up since 6am working in the texas heat from 7am-2pm at my stables(i, kind of a ranch hand there, i help with lessons ect.) then i went to petsmart finally excited at being Ble to buy my plants for mu new planted tank. So i get there and get every thing i need. About 6 plants, substrate, plant food ect. And i also meet a nice family there buying a bettafish, so i politely informed them that they would need a heater because bettas are tropical fish, and they were totally rude to me saying thank you and left the store without a heater for the poor little guy..so my total comes out to 83 dollars. Which i was happy about because i had enough money with my cash and gift card combined,but right as im paying i realized my gift card is to petco, not petsmart so unfortunately i had to put almost everything back. I put back 5 plants and my new grAvel. So i paid and come home, upset but still excited at putting my tank together. And as im putting it together one of my 10$ special plant light bulbs breAk. So now only half of my tank is lit up. Could this day get any worse?
Gracie8890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #2 
thekinetic

It's a bad day to be sure but believe me life can get much worse.

You've got to understand others though, if someone is intent on being stupid then no words are going to detour them. If I must tell someone how they should do something then I strike up a friendly conversation about what they're doing and then happen to mention what they need to do but in a subtle way so I don't come off as lecturing.

Those bulbs are pricey but have you tried a home depot or other store of the like? I know I found the flourescent bulbs my 10gallon takes for about $4 cheaper at one.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #3 
Gracie8890

I didnt know home depot sold those types of bulbs! I will have to look there! Yea, i know what you mean by saying life could be worse, now that i look at it it really can i mean im so thankful that i at least got some plants today and that im alive and well!
Gracie8890 is offline   Reply With Quote