Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #11 
Juicebox

update, so i trimmed the heck out of that plant, i left only 2 leaves on it. it looks like nothing now,looks terrible :(

so i have put about 6 of the leave i cut into the tank,they are floating on the surface i am hoping in a few weeks they will sprout new plants on them? i read this can happen in some other guys post but ive no idea,ill just leave them in the tank for now anywy and hope i get new free plants

i also put some tank water into a little tubaware dish,i sprinkled in a little fish food and put 5 leaves inside and its in the drawer under my tank now,ive no idea whats gonna happen but im secretly hoping ill open it up in 3 or 4 weeks and ill have some little baby plants in there,im completely new to plants so ive no idea if thats even possibly ut i guess we will see lol :P
Juicebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #12 
ao
TFK Moderator

This wont happend for swords crypts or anubias. it only works for certain stem plants :( sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I think you should take them out so you dont get an ammonia spike. the leaves will grow back new and fresh under good conditions ^___^ dont worry too much!
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #13 
Juicebox

grrrr. ill keep them in there just in case something happens, im doin alot of water changes anyways as the tank is still cycling so i should not have ammonia problems,mayb its a java fern after all or who knows,i am living in hope,dont crush my dreams!!! :)
Juicebox is offline   Reply With Quote