Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-03-2012, 12:58 AM   #1 
Setsuna

Pureblood/wild VS Non-Pureblood/showbettas

Hey guys I was wondering Wat are your thoughts on breeding pureblood/wild vs non Pureblood. Well I like breeding both but I think I like breeding wilds best cause I know there is no mix in the blood and I know Wat I will get after the fry's grow up they will just look like their mom and dad but as far non Pureblood if you don't know the background of the fish and where it came from your never gonna know Wat the out come of the frys are gonna be like. Cause last time I breed a green female with a green male I end up with some split tails/double tails.
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:11 AM   #2 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
Hey guys I was wondering Wat are your thoughts on breeding pureblood/wild vs non Pureblood. Well I like breeding both but I think I like breeding wilds best cause I know there is no mix in the blood and I know Wat I will get after the fry's grow up they will just look like their mom and dad but as far non Pureblood if you don't know the background of the fish and where it came from your never gonna know Wat the out come of the frys are gonna be like. Cause last time I breed a green female with a green male I end up with some split tails/double tails.
well any betta is beautiful it's all a matter of preference. Many prefer purebloods because it more typical I guess, but wilds are so much more unique.So, just breed whatever you think is better :)
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:47 AM   #3 
PitGurl

Do you mean hybrids?
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #4 
LadyVictorian

I personally do not like breeding wild to domestic because then you mud up the wild bloodlines and the wild species are already falling off the face of the earth. Messing with their bloodlines will finish them off for sure.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:06 AM   #5 
indjo
TFK Moderator

What ever you prefer - metallics and dragons are results from selectively breeding wild x splendens. Not sure how but that's their history.

I also agree that though you choose to cross them (if ever), you should keep some pure lines of each species.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote