Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-04-2012, 03:25 AM   #1 
asukabetta

Time to change algae wafer brand?

I feed my friend's otos and my snail with algae wafers cause they ignore everything else I've given them. Zuchini, cucumber, lettuce.

However I'm not sure if this algae wafer is good because it melts quickly, getting the bottom all messy and the waterr cloudy. :/

I've seen others algae wafers and they don't do that! Is this normal? Should I change brands? I saw more compact looking wafers in a pet store 2hours from here.

The reason for which I ask is that I do not want take 4 hours to go in vain and come back if they all dissolve like that

thankies!
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team

I use the Omega wafers & have used another brand (can't remember what) but they don't "melt" quickly. They will fall apart the more they soak & get picked on. I try to drop them in the same location each time because there will be a mess in that spot from the small pieces that sink. When you say "melts quickly" what time frame are you talking about? I have 2 10g tanks & a 46g & have never had cloudy water from the wafers. How many do you drop & how often? My Mystery snails & CAE's love zucchini, cucumber & occasionally kale. Do you blanch it 1st?
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #3 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellieca View Post
I use the Omega wafers & have used another brand (can't remember what) but they don't "melt" quickly. They will fall apart the more they soak & get picked on. I try to drop them in the same location each time because there will be a mess in that spot from the small pieces that sink. When you say "melts quickly" what time frame are you talking about? I have 2 10g tanks & a 46g & have never had cloudy water from the wafers. How many do you drop & how often? My Mystery snails & CAE's love zucchini, cucumber & occasionally kale. Do you blanch it 1st?
yes I do blanch first and they are unfiltered 2 g. they take about...10-30 min to dissolve completely. I'm moving them to a filtered tank so that will help with the cloudiness?
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote