So I added one bag of the Activ Betta gravel a week ago right after I set up my new 10g tank. Its heated to 80 degrees with silk plants, a terra cotta pot, gravel and an intank sponge filter. I tested the water the next day and had these totals
Nitrite 0 ppm
I then added our new betta charlie to the tank the following day.
1 week later I tested the water before my water change and came up with these totals.
So after a week I have seen a change in the ammonia levels drop from 0.50ppm to 0.25ppm. Seems like something may be working with this gravel, assuming my test results are correct. I will test again in a couple days and see if there is any change.