Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #81 
LebronTheBetta

Thanks! It's too bad they're blind most of the time.. >.> Turns out 3 boys and 1 girl. The boys are thinner while my girl is quite plump. lol I'll try to post pics, but they're so jittery..! The joys of catfish. (;
LebronTheBetta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #82 
CluelessBettaOwner

Cories sound so cute!!!
I am getting some soon... Don't know anything else really.
Now I can't wait!
CluelessBettaOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:55 AM   #83 
djembekah

You people with only one or two cories know that your fish are INCREDIBLY stressed without more of their own species right? And different species in a tank, like one aeneus and one peppered only school together because there isn't more of their own kind? The fish that are always still or freaking out aren't happy. They're lonely and stressed.
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #84 
Kitty Whiskers

Talking Pics of my new Cories at last!

I finally got some good pics of my new Cories. The top 2 pics are of my Skunk Cories. The big one in back is Poinsettia and the little one in front is Spruce. (Christmas names LOL) The bottom 2 pics are of one of my new Albino Cories. My Betta Chester couldn't resist sneeking into the last picture ha ha! Any ideas for Christmas/Winter names for this new Albino Cory cat?
Attached Images

Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #85 
CluelessBettaOwner

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
You people with only one or two cories know that your fish are INCREDIBLY stressed without more of their own species right? And different species in a tank, like one aeneus and one peppered only school together because there isn't more of their own kind? The fish that are always still or freaking out aren't happy. They're lonely and stressed.
Posted via Mobile Device
I have two albinos at the moment and personally I don't think they're stressed. Although I will be getting another albino soon, I got two because if I got two many I may have had an ammonia strike. My fish though seem fine. They sleep, zip around like mad men and scavenge for food and eat.
Although I have no experience with cories, they seem fine to me.
Do you know a lot about cories? I don't think you mean to, but the way you have spoke in your post seems rather insulting. People probably won't listen to what your saying.
Prehaps give some advice directly to this people with only 1 or 2 cories that are freaking out. Tell them that their cories are probably stressed or lonely and the best thing to do is to get some of their own kind.
Anyway this thread is more to discuss how awesome cories are! Let's not be condescending or mean. Some cories may actually enjoy being alone or with different species. We will never know until we can read animals minds or hold a proper conversation with fish.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #86 
fishy314

Location: I wonder how long and boring this location can be before bettafish.com makes me stop typing this sen
I do not have cories but my friend has an albino one!
fishy314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:42 PM   #87 
carbonxxkidd

I was at my LFS today and they literally had every type of cory imaginable. I'm definitely getting some in a few weeks once my 29 gal sorority is up and running. I plan on having them with kuhli loaches and female bettas, and maybe some other type of middle-tank fish. They are so adorable!
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #88 
Kitty Whiskers

Got another Albino Cory for my other lonely one seeing they just got more in at the pet store. I decided to name the 1st one Snowflake and the new one Snowball LOL

Attached Images

Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #89 
djembekah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CluelessBettaOwner View Post
I have two albinos at the moment and personally I don't think they're stressed. Although I will be getting another albino soon, I got two because if I got two many I may have had an ammonia strike. My fish though seem fine. They sleep, zip around like mad men and scavenge for food and eat.
Although I have no experience with cories, they seem fine to me.
Do you know a lot about cories? I don't think you mean to, but the way you have spoke in your post seems rather insulting. People probably won't listen to what your saying.
Prehaps give some advice directly to this people with only 1 or 2 cories that are freaking out. Tell them that their cories are probably stressed or lonely and the best thing to do is to get some of their own kind.
Anyway this thread is more to discuss how awesome cories are! Let's not be condescending or mean. Some cories may actually enjoy being alone or with different species. We will never know until we can read animals minds or hold a proper conversation with fish.
i'm not trying to be rude, sorry. trying to be helpful. i wouldn't ever want to see anyone unintentionally cause premature death of their beloved fish because of how stressed they actually are. what we "think" isn't usually actually what's happening with our fish.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #90 
CluelessBettaOwner

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
i'm not trying to be rude, sorry. trying to be helpful. i wouldn't ever want to see anyone unintentionally cause premature death of their beloved fish because of how stressed they actually are. what we "think" isn't usually actually what's happening with our fish.
Yeah I doubted that you were trying to be mean or rude. Over the Internet what is being said can be interpreted so many different ways. What you said could of been said in the meekest tone or be someone having a full out spaz about it.
Anyway I am going to follow your advice. "Mum, we need to get more cories" "why, you have heaps of fish" "Because otherwise my fish will die from stress, in the next two weeks" (just a little bit of exaggeration there, lol) "ok" "yes!!! More fish!"
I agree with you anyway. People with two cories should get more, because cories are awesome and their fish are probably stressed and lonely.
So over the internet I think it's good to be very polite, so no one takes it the wrong way.
Anyway do you have any cories? I want to know all the details!
Posted via Mobile Device