Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-07-2012, 12:17 AM   #31 
finnfinnfriend

Oh also thats old. Its from 2010. My link was straight from the government website, so it should be up to date. Too bad its the end of the year though, because thats sunject to change come january /:
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:29 AM   #32 
finnfinnfriend

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badjer View Post
Personally, I would follow this: http://www.caudata.org/forum/f1173-a...vant-laws.html
in regards to the law. I don't think I'd own any if I was in Cali simply because their legal status changes all the time, and it's not worth losing my pets to me. But to each their own. -shrugs-

Thankfully I live in Michigan, and my two axie juvies aren't going anywhere! I'll have to get pictures of them up soon...they're finally getting to be more adventurous and journeying out of their hides! Anyone can feel free to PM me any questions regarding axolotls. I'm rather new to the species, but I did lots of research prior to getting mine! I can also give out the name of the breeder I got mine from. He's great!
Oh btw thanks for telling me I shouldnt have one and then talking about how great yours are...
Old 11-07-2012, 12:42 AM   #33 
finnfinnfriend

ALSO if you are going by that logic, then it is illegal to keep hamsters in cali.

They say "(all species)" if they include all animals in a group. If it included Axolotls it would say:

Genus Ambystoma (all species)

not

Genus Ambystoma (tiger salamanders)

see how in the next section it says:
(4) Class Agnatha -Jawless Fishes
(A) Family Petromyzontidae -Lampreys: All nonnative species (D).

It specifies "all nonnative species"
Old 11-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #34 
hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
ALSO if you are going by that logic, then it is illegal to keep hamsters in cali.

They say "(all species)" if they include all animals in a group. If it included Axolotls it would say:

Genus Ambystoma (all species)

not

Genus Ambystoma (tiger salamanders)

see how in the next section it says:
(4) Class Agnatha -Jawless Fishes
(A) Family Petromyzontidae -Lampreys: All nonnative species (D).

It specifies "all nonnative species"
While it does actually say that it is illegal to own anything but a Syrian hamster in California. You can do whatever you want but it would probably be best to check with your local authorities for sure to see if you need a permit. It would be much worse to get an axolotl thinking its legal only to have it confiscated than it would be to just find out first.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #35 
finnfinnfriend

Well with that logic it would be illegal to own syrians too. And its not illegal to own other types of hamsters, they sell them at petsmart! Lol
Old 11-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #36 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
While it does actually say that it is illegal to own anything but a Syrian hamster in California. You can do whatever you want but it would probably be best to check with your local authorities for sure to see if you need a permit. It would be much worse to get an axolotl thinking its legal only to have it confiscated than it would be to just find out first.
Well that sucks and there a lot of people I need to turn in to the authorities for having dwarf hammies....petsmart is gonna be in big trouble...

btw dont worry about me, I was never even planning on getting an axie ant time soon...
Old 11-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #37 
Badjer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
Oh btw thanks for telling me I shouldnt have one and then talking about how great yours are...
Pardon me, I was simply sharing a resource. It's stickied on that site and I wasn't aware that perhaps the law isn't relevant anymore. Being as I'm on the other side of the country, and have never even visited your state let alone planned on moving there, I'm not overly familiar with the law. I wasn't trying to step on your toes. They're great pets and I'm excited to see that people are actually becoming aware and knowledgable of them, so I was eager to share about mine (because that's what pet forums are for, yes?). However, I will be moving along to friendlier threads now. I'm relieved that you're not planning on bringing any into your state. Though the pet laws in California seem rather silly, it would never be worth breaking one only to have your animals confiscated and them end up God knows where...
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #38 
Gizmothefreaky

The way you guys are talking about this law it's like you believe that some fish and wildlife officer is going to go and inspect random houses all day, they have better things to do.

I AM BY NO MEANS SAYING BREAK THE LAW

I am just saying, if you had one, how would they know you had one unless you made a huge deal about it? I know for a fact that there are more than a few people in California that have them, and as far as I know there have been no raids or arrests. :/

Calm down people and take a moment to think about how silly this argument is. Honestly people, get your attitudes in check. =_=
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #39 
finnfinnfriend

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmothefreaky View Post
The way you guys are talking about this law it's like you believe that some fish and wildlife officer is going to go and inspect random houses all day, they have better things to do.

I AM BY NO MEANS SAYING BREAK THE LAW

I am just saying, if you had one, how would they know you had one unless you made a huge deal about it? I know for a fact that there are more than a few people in California that have them, and as far as I know there have been no raids or arrests. :/

Calm down people and take a moment to think about how silly this argument is. Honestly people, get your attitudes in check. =_=
Yeah the police would have to have a search warrant to find my would be axolotl, which means I would have to break a more conspicuous law first. But we shall see if the laws change in the future, they may or may not...
Old 11-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #40 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badjer View Post
Pardon me, I was simply sharing a resource. It's stickied on that site and I wasn't aware that perhaps the law isn't relevant anymore. Being as I'm on the other side of the country, and have never even visited your state let alone planned on moving there, I'm not overly familiar with the law. I wasn't trying to step on your toes. They're great pets and I'm excited to see that people are actually becoming aware and knowledgable of them, so I was eager to share about mine (because that's what pet forums are for, yes?). However, I will be moving along to friendlier threads now. I'm relieved that you're not planning on bringing any into your state. Though the pet laws in California seem rather silly, it would never be worth breaking one only to have your animals confiscated and them end up God knows where...
Sorry for being unfriendly.... You just hurt my feelings is all.