Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #1 
pittipuppylove

Another "tank" not suited for life...

*sigh* My eBay lurking brought me to this one...
USB Powered Small Desktop Aquarium - Desktop Fish Tank

Holds a whopping 1.5 quarts of water, suitable for any small fish, and it even contains an undergravel filter - a great novelty gift! The clock and alarm are powered by three AA batteries, but to keep the water pump working, it must be hooked up to a USB power source, such as a computer. Turn off the computer and the pump stops working - there'll still be oxygen in the water, but there won't be "fresh" water untill you turn the pump back on.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #2 
Lady Courage

I saw that... It's the craziest thing I've ever seen. Too tiny and just plain weird! Why would anyone want such a thing?? It barely holds enough water for a fish to turn around in, but it also puts open water right next to your electronics. Even IF I didn't care about the fish (heaven forbid!!!), I wouldn't want that kind of danger to my valuable trinkets.

All I can see in this is lose-lose.

However my Dad, who loves animals but doesn't fully understand the space thing yet (I'm workin' on it, he'll come around ;) ), commented that he could see how that would be useful if you only had small desk space.

But really. People who make fish tanks should KNOW better. It irritates me that someone making "fish" stuff doesn't even bother to make something good for the fish. In the dog world they would rip. You. Apart. If you made something harmful for dogs. In fact, they do. I've seen it. And participated in it, now that I think about it!

I wonder if it's because fish have no voice... Most animals can keen pathetically, but fish are silent.

*sighs* It's so sad.
Lady Courage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #3 
Laki

This would be cute for like 2 or 3 shrimp. Or a nerite or something.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #4 
Lady Courage

@Laki Oh, that's a good idea. 2 shrimp or something like that would be really cute in there. Good point.
Lady Courage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #5 
pittipuppylove

Oo, that would be kinda cool.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #6 
Kenny G

If you choose to use that tank for a fish you would have to pick up an iphone 3-4g charger and plug it into the wall outlet so the water pump will continue to work. You can pick one up from any street vendor for about 5 bucks. It's bootleg of course but it will serve it's purpose.
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #7 
pittipuppylove

You could do that, but it's still not big enough to house a fish ( at least no species that I'm aware of).
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #8 
homegrown terror

i could see using that to grow some aquarium plant, but that's about it, and for my money, you can get a dozen quart-sized mason jars and a decent lamp for the price of that tiny little thing.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote