Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #1 
hynesh9792

Talking Jumping Baby!

I placed a mirror by the tank for a few minutes b/c Junior (my baby betta) loves to see himself it's SO funny and cute to watch. Ever since he was staring at himself, he's really hyper now. is this normal? Usually he wiggles back and forth when I talk to him or when I come close to him like he's SUPER excited but he was wiggling like crazy this time. Almost as if he was 10000 times more excited lol. Also, I take the lid off from time to time to look in from the top and he looks up at me while I talk to him, and today he jumped!!! I had a reaction and put my hand up (I can't believe I reacted that fast) and had I not, he would have jumped completely out! Do you think he's just super happy and excited today? He's not acting weird or anything, just extra hyper.
hynesh9792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #2 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by hynesh9792 View Post
I placed a mirror by the tank for a few minutes b/c Junior (my baby betta) loves to see himself it's SO funny and cute to watch. Ever since he was staring at himself, he's really hyper now. is this normal? Usually he wiggles back and forth when I talk to him or when I come close to him like he's SUPER excited but he was wiggling like crazy this time. Almost as if he was 10000 times more excited lol. Also, I take the lid off from time to time to look in from the top and he looks up at me while I talk to him, and today he jumped!!! I had a reaction and put my hand up (I can't believe I reacted that fast) and had I not, he would have jumped completely out! Do you think he's just super happy and excited today? He's not acting weird or anything, just extra hyper.
seems like it, as long he isn't darting or trying to scratch himself on onraments
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #3 
MaggieLynn

I think its just a baby thing my girl Sammy is always darting around (not the bad kind of darting like as in sick) but she is always zooming around and will be front and center when im around I havent tried talking to her but she wiggles more when she sees me get the food bag, her micro pellets are in a bag and when she sees it she gets excited. Also thanks for the caution sometimes I take the lid off to watch from above or take pictures too
MaggieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote