Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-09-2012, 03:37 AM   #11 
Kevron56

I've used frozen bloodworms (BW) and frozen brine shrimp. Hikari brand. My betta gobbles both up with a passion! Warning on the brine shrimp, it can get messy when u put it in the water. But if there is some current that swirls it around the water I'm sure ur baby will enjoy the hunt lol. I do notice my BW and brine shrimp have frozen icicles growing like stalagmites =\ also I'm not sure how long frozen stuff should be kept after u open it before its time to throw it away and buy new.
Kevron56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #12 
caljamsam

who knows
caljamsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #13 
Goldibug

All of my fish look brighter when I feed them FD bloodworms but the container lists very little nutrition. They have a ton of protein though so I'm guessing that's what's helping their color. After all they're mainly carnivorous fish. I doubt they need as many vitamins/minerals that herbivores do. My algae eaters get brighter from algae wafers and veggies. I'm thinking it really depends on the nutritional needs of the fish and their natural diets. Many of us tend to believe fish need a wide range of everything like we do when this probably isn't the case. Just my thoughts.
Goldibug is offline   Reply With Quote