Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #1 
labloverl

fuzzy look to tip of anal fin

I have a new CT in qt (floating in a 10 gallon for warmth). The tips of his anal fin, and only his anal fin, have a fuzzy look to them. It's hard to tell if it's some sort of slime coat, or not. It looks like he's been sitting in a dirty cup for a long time and all of that mulch at the bottom of the cup is attached to the tips of his fin. I can't get a pic on my computer right now, so can anyone go off of this description?
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #2 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by labloverl View Post
I have a new CT in qt (floating in a 10 gallon for warmth). The tips of his anal fin, and only his anal fin, have a fuzzy look to them. It's hard to tell if it's some sort of slime coat, or not. It looks like he's been sitting in a dirty cup for a long time and all of that mulch at the bottom of the cup is attached to the tips of his fin. I can't get a pic on my computer right now, so can anyone go off of this description?
Keep his water extra clean, add 1 tsp per gallon of aq salt for prevention against fungus and fin rot.

If it is fuzzy it could be fungus so keep an eye on it
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #3 
labloverl

Update on this guy. He's been in AQS for about 6 days now. I can tell a big difference in the fuzzy ends of his fin. It's almost completely gone, with only one or two rays showing the fuzzy stuff on the tips. How many days should I continue treatment after I see the fuzzy stuff gone?
Old 11-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #4 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by labloverl View Post
Update on this guy. He's been in AQS for about 6 days now. I can tell a big difference in the fuzzy ends of his fin. It's almost completely gone, with only one or two rays showing the fuzzy stuff on the tips. How many days should I continue treatment after I see the fuzzy stuff gone?
keep the salt for 4 more days, keep the water around 75-76F colder waters discourages fungus growth, you're doing great :D then add indian almond leaves or oak leaves when the fuzziness is gone, or when the treatment is done..

I have a betta with fungus too XD he's healing too so, yay for the both of us.
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #5 
labloverl

Quote:
Originally Posted by asukabetta View Post
I have a betta with fungus too XD he's healing too so, yay for the both of us.
Yay! Thanks!