Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #1 
labloverl
Member
 
labloverl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
fuzzy look to tip of anal fin

I have a new CT in qt (floating in a 10 gallon for warmth). The tips of his anal fin, and only his anal fin, have a fuzzy look to them. It's hard to tell if it's some sort of slime coat, or not. It looks like he's been sitting in a dirty cup for a long time and all of that mulch at the bottom of the cup is attached to the tips of his fin. I can't get a pic on my computer right now, so can anyone go off of this description?
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #2 
asukabetta
Member
 
asukabetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by labloverl View Post
I have a new CT in qt (floating in a 10 gallon for warmth). The tips of his anal fin, and only his anal fin, have a fuzzy look to them. It's hard to tell if it's some sort of slime coat, or not. It looks like he's been sitting in a dirty cup for a long time and all of that mulch at the bottom of the cup is attached to the tips of his fin. I can't get a pic on my computer right now, so can anyone go off of this description?
Keep his water extra clean, add 1 tsp per gallon of aq salt for prevention against fungus and fin rot.

If it is fuzzy it could be fungus so keep an eye on it
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #3 
labloverl
Member
 
labloverl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Update on this guy. He's been in AQS for about 6 days now. I can tell a big difference in the fuzzy ends of his fin. It's almost completely gone, with only one or two rays showing the fuzzy stuff on the tips. How many days should I continue treatment after I see the fuzzy stuff gone?
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #4 
asukabetta
Member
 
asukabetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by labloverl View Post
Update on this guy. He's been in AQS for about 6 days now. I can tell a big difference in the fuzzy ends of his fin. It's almost completely gone, with only one or two rays showing the fuzzy stuff on the tips. How many days should I continue treatment after I see the fuzzy stuff gone?
keep the salt for 4 more days, keep the water around 75-76F colder waters discourages fungus growth, you're doing great :D then add indian almond leaves or oak leaves when the fuzziness is gone, or when the treatment is done..

I have a betta with fungus too XD he's healing too so, yay for the both of us.
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #5 
labloverl
Member
 
labloverl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by asukabetta View Post
I have a betta with fungus too XD he's healing too so, yay for the both of us.
Yay! Thanks!
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Missing anal fin rays xShainax Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 2 06-23-2012 05:27 PM
Small pinhole in anal fin? Arashi Takamine Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 0 08-03-2011 11:07 PM
Red around anal fin Ashashi Betta Fish Care 0 08-28-2010 06:56 AM
curling anal fin? mjbn Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 1 06-26-2010 02:02 AM
Small Hole in Anal Fin Scienceluvr8 Betta Fish Care 15 08-12-2009 12:49 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.