Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #1 
Alcemistnv

Unhappy Goodbye, Buddha (picture heavy)

I remember that day, almost 9 months ago.

January 27th, 2012. Just a week from my birthday. There was snow on the ground, the temperautre was low. And we carried you home.

You easily made your way into your bowl, and I could tell that you had a personality. You were so tiny, and I made the mistake of over feednig you. OOPS!

But then time went on, and you got better, and you started showing your true colors! You flared, showed me that you were very proud of your fishy-ness.

You spent a few months in the dorm and overcame a bad tail split because of a decoration I gave you. Another oops! But your tail still grew, and it got more beautiful than ever.

I began admiring everything about you. Your ventral tip, your orange eyes, your long tail, everything made you so unique. And that's when I started looking for another betta.

But during the time, you encountered some fin rot which left your tail tattered and gross. But, you fought through that, and met your new fishmate, Pudge. But you let him now the terriroty was yours! However, you didn't last long in the tank thanks to sudden bloating.

Only a few weeks went by and I got yet another fish to join the fray, Squirt.And the a little bit later, Bubbles. But, you developed a hole in your dorsal and caudal fin, so I instantly decided to swap tanks. You went from a 1 gallon bowl to a 3 gallon Marineland!

Look at you, so happy :)

And then, yesterday, things took a turn for the worse. You had a sudden fungus spread on your gills and when it came off, you were left with red marks on your body. I treated you, but nothing prepared me for this morning:

Grey. Grey tail.
And it spread within hours. I returned from class and found you lethargic and with the grey now on your anal fin but a chunk missing in your caudal. You were swimming upside down and acting loopy. You'd be lethargic, but swimming around crazily the next. But you were still you in the end. You were still good old Buddha, and I knew you were looking at me in the last few moments. I love you little guy, I miss you. I miss you so much, why did you leave me?

You saved me, you saved me from hurting myself. You saved me from givng up on my life and trying to end it all. And you're gone, and a big piece of me is gone. Why;d you have to go? :'(
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #2 
megaredize

:( poor Buddha. I'm so sorry you lost your friend. He was very pretty and you took good care of him. I'm sure he is thankful you took him home that snowy day.
R.I.P Buddha
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #3 
Alcemistnv

thank you very much
Old 10-16-2012, 09:24 PM   #4 
birdielikestomatoes

I'm sorry that you lost Buddha. I actually remember reading a post about him when I very first joined the site. He was a lucky boy when he was chosen by you and I'm positive that you helped him just as much as he did for you.
birdielikestomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #5 
LeoTheLakerBetta

I had a the same blue colored veiltail named Leo. He was my first betta and I had him since December. He died in August the day my parents passed their citizenship test from a serious fungal disease. I feel your pain and I am sorry for that loss. He must be happy in a place where Leo and all the other bettas go...
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:18 AM   #6 
Alcemistnv

Thank you Birdie and Leo.

And yes, I hope he's up, happily swimming around.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:07 AM   #7 
BettaQi

Dear Buddha,

You came into our friend's life at a critical time and gave him a focus for his love.

You opened his heart, and widened his world to a whole new level of engagement and joy.

For that we thank you.

We know that great teachers will sometimes leave when their students still feel unready. And as we students of life, of love, struggle to understand, and keep our hearts growing in the face of our pain, trying to comprehend that connection continues beyond the sharing of physical space and linear time, we are learning even deeper lessons.

Much gratitude, Buddha, for all these gifts, and love and peace on your journeY wherever it may take you in the vastness beyond our daily consciousness.

Sincerely,

BettaQi

Last edited by BettaQi; 10-17-2012 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Typo
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:08 AM   #8 
BettaQi

*hug* for alcemistv and all others who are dealing with grief and loss*
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:51 AM   #9 
xShainax

I am crying. SIP Buddha.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #10 
magnum

My condolences go out to you and Buddha. He was an awesome little fishy by what I have read about him here, and on this site.

Swim forever in happines buddy.
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote