Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-08-2007, 08:55 PM   #11 
Rue

Gorgeous fish!

If I knew how, on this forum, I'd post a pic of my CT...not as nice as your boys...but pretty nice for a Petsmart fish...

...and you know what? I'm rather impressed with my females...they're plain compared to the males...but compared to all tropical fish? They're actually very pretty...
Rue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:50 AM   #12 
Falina

those really are beautiful fish! such a shame that, as you say, fighting them for bets etc is still legal in some countries though :(
Falina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:52 AM   #13 
Daz
Banned

Very tidy Weasel. 8)
Daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:19 AM   #14 
Weasel F.

Sorry all been a whie. Thanks for all the nice remarks. I have added 40 new to the colloction scents the last visit. I have alittle over 900 fry of HMPKs {halfmoon plakats} and CTs { crown tails. I have 12 for sell now that are pretty close to show stock. feel free to ask anything I don't mind answering any question. I have been breding bettas for 5 yrs. now.
Weasel F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:50 PM   #15 
Falina

how do you keep them all? i mean it certainly doesnt look like theyre kept in little tubs form the pictures (which is really good to see) but with the numbers you mentioned i would imagine that there is more tank than space in your house.

theyre really beautiful. its true that most poeple (well, most that i know anyway) automatically think of the veil tail but the others are just as beautiful, if not more so :D
Falina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:06 AM   #16 
Weasel F.

All my bettas are kept in 5.5 to 125g tanks. All the frys are kept in 10g til 4weeeks old then mocved into 29g tanks. til ruffly 12weeks. From there they all go to a 55g growout tank til 4m old then they are tanked and pictures taken for selling reasons. If i find one of the fry to be showing show finage. I then jar it and grow it out on it's on. This helps the m to grow faster and allows me to keep track of there markings and allows me to learn more on the coloring and geno of how there color came bout.
In other words, if the male PK {plakat} was black lace and female blue pastal. what % of the fry came out what color. I try to learn something from each frys geno and keep my show line and even sale line in top shape.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:13 PM   #17 
Rue

I just looked at all your pics again! Truly lovely! I'd love to see a pic of your 'fish room'... :D
Rue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:20 PM   #18 
Weasel F.

I'll dig a few out and show it off. LOL It's not like I don't like to show it off.

It's a lot differnt then this now. By about 20tanks. I'm hoping to add 5 250g tanks for faster grow out in the very near { Summer time } future.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:17 PM   #19 
musho3210
Banned

wow, i hope this will influence betta owners to keep bettas in tanks larger than 5 gallons, truly wondrous how well you keep your bettas, a 55 gallon grow out tank? Thats incredible. Great job
musho3210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:28 PM   #20 
Firebelly girrl

IM LOVIN THE AQAU BLUE ONE IN THE FIRST POST!! SOO PRETTTY! and i like the red and white one in the...2nd post i think. nice bettas!!
Firebelly girrl is offline   Reply With Quote