Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-06-2012, 01:59 AM   #1 
Gryphon

Rescue Betta - *Pic Heavy*

I posted a thread in the care section for treatment ideas before, but I thought I'd start a photo thread since I have so many pictures.

For those that didn't see the other thread, I rescued a betta this past Saturday (11/3/12) from my LFS.

This boy has been at the store for over a month now, and every time I go in he looks the same. They've apparently pulled him and tried to treat him a couple times, but his condition has stayed about the same. He did manage to get a little bit of weight on his bones from the first time I saw him, but he still looks pretty bad.

When I was in there on Saturday, I happened to catch the main betta lady while she was working. I causally mentioned (after chatting for a bit) that if she would be willing to drop the price (he was still marked at $11.99), I'd be willing to take this guy home. She told me that if I wanted him, she would give him to me since nothing they have tried has helped and no one would probably buy such a sickly looking betta anyway.

Since having him in my care, his energy has increased dramatically. He is eating everything I give him, and always swims up to the front with a little wiggle when I check on him.

I wish I would have taken a picture of him when he was in the little tank at the store - he was in the back corner floating sideways at the top of the water. When I first looked through the bettas, I thought he had finally passed after suffering for so long, but as you can see, he is still very much alive.

I'm thinking of naming him Kaneq - which means hoarfrost. I got on to the frost/snow theme when I saw the white/silver iridescent color on the tip of his tail. I'm definitely open to name suggestions though!

In the bag from the store: (the black X just means I didn't have to pay for him since they usually write the price on the bag)

First Night:

24 hrs later:

48 hrs later (today):

Video - he ate a whole pellet today!

It'll be very interesting to see what his colors do as he gets healthier!
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:50 AM   #2 
Gracie8890

Wow hes a cutie! Congrats on ur rescue! Once he gets a little weight on him and those fins grow out imagine what a beauty he will be!
Gracie8890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #3 
blueridge

Congrats on your rescue! He looks like he is going to be a looker
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #4 
Fin Fancier

Awe he's really cute. Glad you got to take him home and give him a chance to heal up.
Fin Fancier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #5 
Gryphon

Thanks everyone!

He is actually the most personable fish that I have right now. Immediately when he sees me he starts to do his happy wiggle at the front of his little tank. I can't believe how much energy he got so quickly!
Old 11-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #6 
blueridge

Keep up the good work and can't wait to see more pictures!
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:34 AM   #7 
Gryphon

I might have to take (and post) pics of him daily if his color is going to change this fast all the time! I almost can't believe this is the same fish I brought home. I think I need to come up with a new name for him now though.

Can I eat that?

Old 11-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #8 
Gracie8890

Wow he is beautiful! And yes we would love picture updates daily! As for names i like griffin and ceasar.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #9 
Gracie8890

Wow i just realized that ur username is gryphon, weird... I didnt mean to do that!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #10 
PoseidonsMaid

Thank you!!

Enjoying seeing your rescued boy. Very pretty! My new betta (my second betta to enslave me) is Poseidon and I've had him for about a week now. He has made similar changes to this guy, and it is amazing to see how much better they look with good, reasonable care and TLC. Kudos to you, would love to enjoy more photos. You've also inspired me to take more photos of Poseidon.
PoseidonsMaid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta fish, rescue betta