Old 11-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #11 
blueridge

He is looking so pretty!
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #12 
Gryphon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie8890 View Post
Wow i just realized that ur username is gryphon, weird... I didnt mean to do that!
Haha yeah, Gryphon is the name of my blue and yellow HM boy. I do like the name Caesar though! I'll add it to my 'names to consider' list
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #13 
Laki

Congrats! Wow. He's so nice.

Imagine what the store was doing to "treat" him. What he needed was someone to love him, give him clean warm water and good food! Great job :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #14 
lelei

Omg, he is soo gorgeous, look at that face, I love that pic..Can I eat that? so cute..you can see the changes in him already..you are doing a great job, and Congrats on your rescue..he will be fine..TLC and warm water, are indeed the best medicine..keep up the good work..look forward to his complete transformation!!
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #15 
Gracie8890

How about these for names:
Beau, chale , duece , tiger , atlas , badge , davinci, hamlet, finn , marble, mo, moose , thats all i have right now! Maybe you could name him after someone or thing. I named my rescue after a "lucky" event that happened right after i bought him- when i got two orange crushes out of the soda machine instead of one , so i named him crush!
Gracie8890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #16 
Gryphon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post

Imagine what the store was doing to "treat" him.
Probably not much. I like my LFS in that they usually take care of their fish (since that is really all they do, it is a fish store) but even so, their bettas get sub-standard care since they are still in little jars on a display.

I did ask what they had tried, and pretty much it was to move him to the 1 gallon tank he was floating in, and then medicate him (but I don't remember what she said they medicated with). All I've done is give him clean, warm water and regular amounts of quality food. It's amazing what proper care can do for a fish.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #17 
sunstar93

His colors remind me faintly of a koi fish. Look at those eyes! I bet he's going to be gorgeous!
sunstar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #18 
Gryphon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie8890 View Post
How about these for names:
Beau, chale , duece , tiger , atlas , badge , davinci, hamlet, finn , marble, mo, moose , thats all i have right now! Maybe you could name him after someone or thing. I named my rescue after a "lucky" event that happened right after i bought him- when i got two orange crushes out of the soda machine instead of one , so i named him crush!
I like your naming system! I'm terrible at giving fish names. They'll be in my house for a month or more before I'm like "I should probably call you something other than 'unnamed fishy 2'"

What do you think about the name Maestoso? It means "in a majestic manner" in Italian (I think)
Old 11-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #19 
Gryphon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunstar93 View Post
His colors remind me faintly of a koi fish. Look at those eyes! I bet he's going to be gorgeous!
To me, his colors right now remind me of a child that got into his mother's makeup and played with the red lipstick (getting it everywhere of course)
Old 11-09-2012, 12:42 AM   #20 
Gryphon

and so the photo journal begins...

Day 5

Tags
betta fish, rescue betta