Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #1 
mikechamp23

Betta Activities!

Hey guys! Are there any activities i can have my betta Zeus do? He looks bored in his tank :( He is in a 10 gallon by himself, but he has lots of hiding spots/plants. Also, i have a floating mirror that i put in occasionally and that keeps him entertained for the time being, but is there something more permanent to get him occupied? Thanks! :)
mikechamp23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:37 AM   #2 
lelei

Hello, and Welcome, there is a Betta Floating Log, that most bettas like to play around in, and if you have any hiding caves with a lot of holes, big enough for your fishy to go in and out of, that helps, but they really don't need much to entertain themselves, if you spend time with him, and talk with him, and put your across the surface of the water, they like to play chase the finger, or across the outside of the tank, they follow it, but when they are left alone, they just swim, and go in and out of the plants, but I find the "Log" is fun for them, my fishy loves his, I see him in there often.
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #3 
sainthogan

Some people like to take a water bottle cap and put treats in it and let their Fish try to get them out. I've heard that it doesn't take them long to figure out how to tip it over and get the food. Some people have said that their fish get really excited now when they see the lid because they know what's coming!
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #4 
mikechamp23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Hello, and Welcome, there is a Betta Floating Log, that most bettas like to play around in, and if you have any hiding caves with a lot of holes, big enough for your fishy to go in and out of, that helps, but they really don't need much to entertain themselves, if you spend time with him, and talk with him, and put your across the surface of the water, they like to play chase the finger, or across the outside of the tank, they follow it, but when they are left alone, they just swim, and go in and out of the plants, but I find the "Log" is fun for them, my fishy loves his, I see him in there often.
Thanks for the idea! The only problem is that i don't know if Zeus would go in that :( He has a log down at the bottom of the tank that he can go through, but I've only seen him go through it once :(
Old 11-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #5 
mikechamp23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainthogan View Post
Some people like to take a water bottle cap and put treats in it and let their Fish try to get them out. I've heard that it doesn't take them long to figure out how to tip it over and get the food. Some people have said that their fish get really excited now when they see the lid because they know what's coming!
I like that idea! I think Im going to try it! Zeus loves his food so it will make him so happy :D
Old 11-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #6 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikechamp23 View Post
Thanks for the idea! The only problem is that i don't know if Zeus would go in that :( He has a log down at the bottom of the tank that he can go through, but I've only seen him go through it once :(
I find the Floating log is better, since where they go to the surface for air, they go right in the log, and my fish, he is soo funny..he will make it a diving board, go right out to the edge, and whee, swim right off, of it and turn around and go again..and there is a feeding hole..which gets them to go in more if you feed from the hole..It's worth a try
Old 11-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #7 
lelei

Also I hear a lot of people use Ping pong balls, and bettas love to chase em around the tank, I would also try that..I been wanting to, and keep forgetting to get one..
Old 11-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #8 
mikechamp23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Also I hear a lot of people use Ping pong balls, and bettas love to chase em around the tank, I would also try that..I been wanting to, and keep forgetting to get one..
I'll give that a try also! Thanks! :)
Old 11-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #9 
caljamsam

Lil' Blooie is all regal now. Get this-he perches himself on the small lip above the stick heater's suction cup and the electric chord all night and sometimes during the day too.

I must say he was scared silly during hurricane Sandy though. I think he's still reverberating.
caljamsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #10 
Nothingness

Quote:
Originally Posted by caljamsam View Post
Lil' Blooie is all regal now. Get this-he perches himself on the small lip above the stick heater's suction cup and the electric chord all night and sometimes during the day too.

I must say he was scared silly during hurricane Sandy though. I think he's still reverberating.
I noticed one of my betta charlie doing this the other night...made me laugh so hard.
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote