Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #41 
sainthogan

I'm sorry he didn't make it. :( The gold fish color sounds like he may have had velvet.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #42 
pr2ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainthogan View Post
I'm sorry he didn't make it. :( The gold fish color sounds like he may have had velvet.

I think the same... Lesson learned. If I have to leave I'm only leaving my fish with someone thats willing to change water and take care of them while im gone...
pr2ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #43 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by asukabetta View Post
really they are recommended for therapy? D: woah
I am autistic and my betta's have helped me a lot
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #44 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
I am autistic and my betta's have helped me a lot
that is really interesting D: I have noticed they relax me a lot while stressed, but then again all fish relax me when I see them swimming XD
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #45 
Atena

Sorry about your fish not making it, I am glad his brother is doing well. Hang in there, when I first got Guppy the first thing he did was promptly get sick. being a new fish mom can be tough, especially when you just jump into the deep end with little help. But it is well worth the trouble. Guppy has been with me for several months now and he is doing just fine in his little 2.5 gallon tank, he is actually becoming quite spoiled!

I have learned a lot about Beta keeping from the helpful and kind folks here, have also been yelled at more than ones and been given contradictory info from different members so I can relate to what you are going through.

People in the pets stores just don't know better, their job is to sell and their training on the actual animals is minimal. I hope your relationship with the one you have left will grow, they really are great pets and not that hard to keep up ones you get the hang of it.

Hugs,

Atena :)
Atena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #46 
ao
TFK Moderator

a 50w heater is perfectly fine for a 2.5 gallon providing it's adjustable. If the disease was indeed velvet, you second fish would probably be infected, so keep an eye out. otherwise.. best of luck in your fish keeping!
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:31 AM   #47 
ravenwinds

I am sorry Vio didn't make it...it's always hard to lose one of these guys since they have such personalities; each one is different and so interactive with world outside their tank. I talk to them all the time and they behave so different from other fish...they are like my other pets of the four legged variety :)
I hope you and your new one have a long, happy life together! They are so rewarding (+1 atena)....and it does get easier once you get used to looking after them.
I agree with above...if it was parasites of any kind, your new boy is at risk. Probably wouldn't hurt to do a complete gravel wash at next cleaning...take everything out and wash thoroughly...don't use soap but you can use white vinegar or peroxide solution.
After that, just monitor red boy for any rubbing, darting, etc...
Good luck! If you have further questions, let us know...we might all give you different answers but that's because there are so many ways to take care of these fish...there is no One and only right way.
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fin rot, new betta owner, poppy eye, treatments