Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #1 
Fishcakes

Exclamation Is it safe...

Is it safe to change the water right after you put new fish in? My mother came home with cute new fish, but i was going to change the water today. Can i still change it or should i change it tomorrow?? I also just put in an ADF and i know they need really clean water. What should i do?
Fishcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Well, I think you should let the Betta get used to it's new home for a while. I think you can start changing the water after 2 days or so.
What's your tank size? If it's below 5 gallons, you would have to return the frog. Does it have a filter? Did you even QT the frog?

P.S. I see you like Pokemon. ^^ Snorlax and Dugtrio.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #3 
Fishcakes

The Betta isn't new. My mom bought two minnows and the frog. I just put the frog in after letting the bag sit for 15 min. No one warned me about any further procedures XD and my tank is 10 gal,heated and filtered.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #4 
Kytkattin

Ideally you should quarantine any new fish (or frogs) for at least 2 weeks to a month. If you don't, you risk bringing in a variety of parasites and diseases, some particularly deadly. Of course at this point it doesn't matter, what is done is done and removing them at this point won't do squat.

Is your tank cycled? What are the water parameters? Check those and that will tell you if you need to do a water change.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #5 
Fishcakes

Ideally I should do and have a lot of things XD But I've decided to just change the water tomorrow.

Tags
adf, betta, water changes