Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #1 
mandi85710

Help me with my Ryukin PLEASE!!!!

Hi all I just wanted to ask a question about my Ryukin. All of the sudden a few days ago he got a little lump on his head. Now all of the sudden he has more of them and they are starting to turn white. He is not eating well and he seems a little lethargic as well. He is not swimming around very much he seems to be staying at the bottom and not moving around too much at all and also staying away from all of my other fish. I have tested my water and everything is perfect. No ammonia and ph is good. Just need to know what is going on with him. I have never seen anything like this so am not sure what it could be and what to do about it. I also have another Ryukin, an Oranda and a Black Telescope Eyed Moore GF in with him. If anyone could help me as soon as possible I would be very grateful. Thanks bunches for stopping in to read this and help if you can!!! Oh and the first picture is about 2 days ago and the other 2 are from today! I did try to upload pics but I keep getting an error message that something didn't send so will keep trying or try another post with him in it under this one. Or you can go to my FB album and look.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2721687&type=1

P.S. Just started with Goldfish about 6 months ago (other than having them as a kid) so I have no clue what this is.

P.S.S. I can't get pics to upload still so you can check them out on my FB page to see them! Thanks for any help!
Mandi

Last edited by mandi85710; 11-06-2012 at 09:41 PM. Reason: More information!!!!
mandi85710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team

What size tank are your Goldie's in? They look like tumors of some sort. Does he have tank mates? What's his diet? Water temp? water change schedule? I would suggest asking on another forum where I know there's a Goldie expert but we're not allowed to mention other forums.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #3 
mandi85710

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellieca View Post
What size tank are your Goldie's in? They look like tumors of some sort. Does he have tank mates? What's his diet? Water temp? water change schedule? I would suggest asking on another forum where I know there's a Goldie expert but we're not allowed to mention other forums.
He is in my 125G community tank. Water temp is between 70-72F. His tank mates are another Ryukin, a telescope eyed black moore and an oranda. I do 25% water changes weekly a long with gravel cleaning every week and a 50% water change once a month. I did have some tropicals in with them like molly's, platy's and guppies b/c when I got the tank I was keeping it at 74 with a close eye on the temp and they were all very happy together. But have taken them out since the weather has started getting colder here at night. So the molly's ect need the heater back. So moved them to another 30G. Also food is Aqueon Goldfish Granules all natural. If you look at my aquariums you can see what I have in each because I have several and it's a lot of typing...lol.

I was thinking it was a tumor as well but how on earth could he get one and then all of the sudden have 5 of them within 2 days. Do you think I should put him in my nursing tank??? The others aren't picking on him or anything they are just kind of staying around him now almost like they are comforting him. But then they also swim all over and are showing no signs of any illnesses or tumors on them. I have looked and tried to find places for GF on other forums but haven't been able to get an answer b/c they don't have too many members. I know we aren't supposed to name names so I'm not going too but I just don't know what to do. He looks so miserable. Is this something that he is going to have to be euthanized for or surgery? I have even looked for vets that deal with fish and can't find any anywhere near me. I just don't know what to do I keep crying because I feel so bad for him b/c IDK how to help him.
Thank you for trying to help. Maybe with me telling you the water temps and stuff you might know something.

Last edited by mandi85710; 11-06-2012 at 11:47 PM.
mandi85710 is offline   Reply With Quote