Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #111 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexylex0526 View Post
I 100% agree tha bettas can live happy/healthy lives in 1 gallon bowls/tanks After all, anything is better than their dirty cups!

Currently each of my bettas are in a 1 gal. Each of the one are heated and decorated beautifuly. Each of their homes 25% change every 3 days and a 100% weekly, so their water is always fairly clean. They all love and appreciate their home, so I could care less on anyones criticism.

It is WRONG that some people are insulted and offended because of their bettas homes. We all provide the best we can for our bettas and deserve respect because of that.

Think about it like this, remember the house you grew up in?, your parents picked it out. Maybe some of your friends had a bigger house then you,but that doesn't mean you didnt like your house. Your parents put you in your house because they thought it best for you, it was their judgement/decision. All of us fish keepers are like parents, we pick what we feel is best for our "children." And its entirely our choice to keep our fish as we see fit.

This is a great forum, so we need to get past all this drama and accept that some people have different opinions. Lets all remember that its important to respect everyone on here. I love this forum and I hope we can continue to maintain its friendly atmosphere :)
I agree. Fully, people should just STOP. What for? It's a controversial topic. People can always recommend but the responsability lies on the owner.

A good owner will know what makes the betta happy, a big tank or a smaller tank. The thing is that the betta is loved, happy, cared for and healthy.

Every time a member is chased or commented on, looked down on by other owners, it defeats the purpose of this forum. It's shuns people away, who want to not only learn about the world that is betta caring (and fish keeping).

So let's just drop the topic.

A good place for your betta to live is wherever they feel happiest and are healthiest.
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #112 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

For me where Carter is happiest is his ten gallon. But we need to remeber how active Bettas are and how much they like jumping.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #113 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith2424 View Post
I don't understand what "1 50% and 1 100% per week" means. I've never had a fish in my life so bear with me. Also don't heaters only go in aquariums not bowls?
I mean that you clean the vase twice a week, one time take out half of the water and the other take out all of the water. As long as it is a glass bowl, then a heater will work. Bettas like a temperature of around 76F-82F, so in most climates you will need a heater. :) Hagen is a good brand of heater, as Myates mentioned. I use the 50 watt in one of my tanks. That's fine, I have only kept fish for a year, so I know what it feels like. lol
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #114 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I am more frustrated with bowls because there is no lid.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #115 
paloverde

Chocolate, you have given some great advice, but perhaps the container issue is causing you to to become to focused on just that. Now would be a good time to practice your social and coping skills,find another post so that you help someone else out...ok...if you can't find a post, start one of your own....
paloverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #116 
asukabetta

hey choco, if you want you can help identify if this is fungus or columnaris or anything else. I could use feedback and been panicking since this morning cause I'm not sure if what I'm doing is right or wrong, or what to do.

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....84#post1306784
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #117 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloverde View Post
Chocolate, you have given some great advice, but perhaps the container issue is causing you to to become to focused on just that. Now would be a good time to practice your social and coping skills,find another post so that you help someone else out...ok...if you can't find a post, start one of your own....
Thank you and I will do just that.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #118 
Myates

We may have our arguments and be strong with our opinions.. but we have an even stronger community if we look deep enough.

<3 you guys and how you are helping Chocolate.. seen it elsewhere and I'm so proud of it. Thank you! I only just noticed their sig very recently.. but now I understand. You guys are awesome! (Mother of an aspie/autistic)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #119 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Does your child do things "weird" too? I wear a sweatshirt the whole thing on my head.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #120 
Myates

lol she has her moments :D She is 8, been diagnosed since age of 1.. so it's been a lot of work and therapies, but even still she is very unique! Not as silly as yours though :) A lot of her "weird" things is a bit more serious such as creating open wounds on parts of her body.. that and she walks in circles all the time. Those are her biggest things. Surprised there isn't holes in our floors lol..

Like you though she has a HUGE love for animals.. especially reptiles and birds.. but does love my fish and loves to watch them.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote