Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #131 
Tikibirds

Jsmith - a heater is best but I find that with vases and bowls with the curved glass, most heaters won't fit. I would think something like this would work. I have never used it so I can't say how well they work. Also a theometer is needed to keep an eye on the temp. I don't think this has an auto shut off which means it will stay on even if the water gets too hot.
http://www.amazon.com/Hydor-Heater-B...quarium+heater

Also, I know people have already mentioned the water change thing already but its very important to do the weekly changes to remove the ammonia. When you do the 100%, you also need to be cleaning out the gravel to remove any poop and debris that has fallen into the gravel. if not, it will pollute the water
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #132 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
lol she has her moments :D She is 8, been diagnosed since age of 1.. so it's been a lot of work and therapies, but even still she is very unique! Not as silly as yours though :) A lot of her "weird" things is a bit more serious such as creating open wounds on parts of her body.. that and she walks in circles all the time. Those are her biggest things. Surprised there isn't holes in our floors lol..

Like you though she has a HUGE love for animals.. especially reptiles and birds.. but does love my fish and loves to watch them.
I don't create winds but will self bite and pick at scabs.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #133 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
my one gallon is now a snail tank!
(the sorry looking plants at the front are newly planted... hopefully they'll perk up soon)
I keep lucky bamboo in both my tanks coming out the opening. I also keep plants in my filters.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:17 PM   #134 
jsmith2424

Okay I went to Walmart today and bought a heater and a thermometer. Changed the water, rinsed off the rocks, conditioned the water as well. He seems to be doing better today so I'm happy I got the heater! And it's tiny so fits perfectly in the bowl.
jsmith2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #135 
jsmith2424

I also don't know why people are saying this is a pointless thread. Without it I'd be in the dark and my fish would be in the toilet. So whoever thinks it's pointless is wrong!
jsmith2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #136 
bryanacute

Helped a lady pick out stuff 4 her NEW betta 4 her work. Water conditioner, marbles, plant, food, betta and a 1 gallon cause that was the max size she could have.
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #137 
bryanacute

Also told her 2 check out this place
Old 11-14-2012, 07:19 AM   #138 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith2424 View Post
I also don't know why people are saying this is a pointless thread. Without it I'd be in the dark and my fish would be in the toilet. So whoever thinks it's pointless is wrong!
Actually that was me and the reason I think its pointless is because all it does is cause arguments and is incendiary. The OP has made a few choice comments on other threads, one of which was removed because she rudely told the person to give away her fish because she wasnt fit to be a fishkeeper, so it would not surprise me that this thread was started to call attention to herself. If you want info on how to care for your fish there are other threads that are much more informative.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:28 AM   #139 
bryanacute

Umm hello! Freyja! That wasn't supposed to be rude! And really?
Old 11-14-2012, 07:52 AM   #140 
Freyja
Banned

Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote