Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #81 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Carter loves his filter I am actually sad about how small my tank is because my 10 gallon does not compare to their original habitat. I do not think you should be proud of tank size just fish health.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #82 
Wendyjo

If you get the proper type of filter a healthy betta won't have an issue with it, providing the tank is large enough that he doesn't have to sit right in front of it or under it 24/7.
Wendyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #83 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Carter seems okay with it he is a very strong swimmer.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #84 
Myates

There have been members on here who have explained everything very very well, very respectful and are frankly spot on when it comes to the situation(s) that are being discussed.. yet this continues and it's all just a merry-go-round as everything is being said over and over.

Does it really matter what size tanks members have their fish in? Who has the right to judge another's tank size choice? Many factors goes into someone's choice for their set up- you cannot turn your nose down on someone thinking you are a better owner for having a larger tank than the other. That is just plain rude and snobbish.

So instead of criticizing each other over something trivial like the size of their tank, how about just enjoy the fact we all have something in common - the love of this species - and share the joys of ownership. This is a place to share, to learn, to help one another in the care of the fish (which doesn't include tank size rather than it includes water changes, proper feeding, etc). This whole thing is 9 pages long and like I said before, it's a merry-go-round.

Sorry.. just frustrating. I know I didn't help but add to it but I'm just asking to stop the ride and move on to a different, more fun one.

Thanks!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #85 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree. We've debated this topic over and over again and it gets us nowhere.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #86 
lexylex0526

I 100% agree tha bettas can live happy/healthy lives in 1 gallon bowls/tanks After all, anything is better than their dirty cups!

Currently each of my bettas are in a 1 gal. Each of the one are heated and decorated beautifuly. Each of their homes 25% change every 3 days and a 100% weekly, so their water is always fairly clean. They all love and appreciate their home, so I could care less on anyones criticism.

It is WRONG that some people are insulted and offended because of their bettas homes. We all provide the best we can for our bettas and deserve respect because of that.

Think about it like this, remember the house you grew up in?, your parents picked it out. Maybe some of your friends had a bigger house then you,but that doesn't mean you didnt like your house. Your parents put you in your house because they thought it best for you, it was their judgement/decision. All of us fish keepers are like parents, we pick what we feel is best for our "children." And its entirely our choice to keep our fish as we see fit.

This is a great forum, so we need to get past all this drama and accept that some people have different opinions. Lets all remember that its important to respect everyone on here. I love this forum and I hope we can continue to maintain its friendly atmosphere :)
lexylex0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #87 
Myates

I just want to reiterate that my comments were not meant for anyone in particular, but rather something I have seen happening for over a year here with many different people. It's just a general statement of how we should sit back and realize that if the people here on the forums didn't love their bettas, or care for them to the best of their ability, they wouldn't be here seeking advice or helping others. That's why I rather we just celebrate and have fun and not poke at other's feelings.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #88 
bryanacute

I personally like bigger tanks because you don't have to clean them as often because of how the water is being spread out.
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #89 
Myates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creat View Post
the larger the tank the slower it gets dirty sense there is more water volume.
Merry-go-round!
Old 11-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #90 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Myates, I gotta agree. There has been countless threads in my time here and everyone ends up argueing over the same topics, then the same people come and tell it to calm down, then they don't, escalates, and mods come in. REPEAT!
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote