Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #1 
HarpaBetta

Unhappy Mom won't let me do water changes alone and last time i changed was 3 weeks!

hi all,
last time i changed Harpa's water was 3 weeks ago, and my mom won't let me do changes alone, also we are extremely busy. have a 2 year old so that doesn't help..... any ideas?
HarpaBetta
HarpaBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #2 
paloverde

Help your mom out with a chore that she usually does, so she will have an extra few minutes so she can observe you while you do a water change. Moms have a lot duties and the thought of water damage/mess is probably why she wont let you do it alone.
paloverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #3 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarpaBetta View Post
hi all,
last time i changed Harpa's water was 3 weeks ago, and my mom won't let me do changes alone, also we are extremely busy. have a 2 year old so that doesn't help..... any ideas?
HarpaBetta
+1 above all I can say is that the betta NEEDS the water changed, how often depends on the size of the tank

here's the water changing recommendations according to tank size:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=115758

or he can die either from a disease or ammonia burn. It's important you educate your parents about this, and you show you are responsible for your pet. If your parents do not let you in spite of you showing them it is a MUST.

That pets are a responsibility and must be cared for as you are providing them an artificial enviroment, if it doesn't work then it saddens me to say that then the best course of action is that you give the betta to someone who CAN care for it.
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #4 
HarpaBetta

we are going to do a change today when the baby naps :) so that is TOTTALY taken care of.
HarpaBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #5 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

How big is the tank? No offense if you can not do the water changes you should not have the fish. Wish you and your fish the best.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote