Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #1 
SinX7

Best pellet food?

I was wondering what do you guys think is the best, highest quality and nutritionist pellet for betta's?

I currently have Omega and Top Fin, but my betta seems to like Omega more. I heard that they are one of the best, but I was wondering what do you guys think its the best?

Also, is Hikari Betta Bio-Gold any good?
SinX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #2 
DoctorWhoLuver

Personally, I think New Life Spectrum is the best :) It has some pretty good ingredients and contains garlic which can help prevent internal parasites.
DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #3 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorWhoLuver View Post
Personally, I think New Life Spectrum is the best :) It has some pretty good ingredients and contains garlic which can help prevent internal parasites.
+1
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #4 
SinX7

I was reading the reviews on Amazon, and a lot of people said it sinks fast. Is that true? I was reading the betta formula one.
SinX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #5 
DoctorWhoLuver

It does sink a bit fast; thus, semi-floating. However, since most bettas are piggies, they tend to snap it up pretty quick. Just feed one at a time and you should be fine :) New Life Spectrum is more expensive than omega one, but there are more grams of food in the container per money paid compared to the amount in omega one. :)
DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:11 AM   #6 
MidTnBetta

I feed Hikari bio-gold and my guys devour it. I've not had any problems with it clouding up water. The only thing I've seen, which may or may not be typical of pellets, is that if it's in the water for more than a couple of minutes, it swells in size. Normally mine have pigged out on it before then, but there's occasionally a stray pellet.
MidTnBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #7 
tromboneplaya

I feed Hikari Betta Bio Gold and New Life Spectrum....just to mix it up some so they don't get bored. With the NLS I just feed one pellet at a time so none of them sink to the bottom....
tromboneplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #8 
Myates

Hikari I have seen/heard from many resources had changed their ingredients not too long ago claiming it's less nutritious than before.

I stick with Omega One Betta Buffet, Atison's Betta (Pro is no longer being produced, it was one of the top choices for breeders, but the regular is also super good), New Life Spectrum Grow... I have flakes that are created for bettas but aren't sold in stores yet - Feast Plus #2 (not quite as popular with my fish), and going to purchase this pellet food as well when I get around to it heh..

(Yes, I spoil them when it comes to feeding them lol... should see all I have for fry/juvies!)

Overall though you can't go wrong with Omega and NLS foods when it comes to commercial betta pellets, those are a couple of the best.

Last edited by Myates; 11-12-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote