I was feeding my CT female some live white worms yesterday and didn't notice a shell from the crushed coral I use in the culture, also fell in.
Well my CT female half-swallowed it, and rather than spit it out she then completely ingested it. She continued to eat the rest of the white worms and has been swimming quite happily around.
However, I am just wondering whether this is going to cause an impaction further on down the track? It looks like she could possibly pass it, but I am worried it is just going to sit in her digestive tract and block everything up.
I'm not sure whether bettas have stomach acid or anything like that to break it down. I am just worried since she is my favourite fish and I don't want to lose her because of my stupidity.