Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #1 
prosthetik

Talking Finally! My new female & rescue !!

So my female HM has finally arrived! She appears more blue than green but that could change once she settles into her new home [i picked her up from the store not even an hour after she had arrived so i imagine she is still pretty stressed from travel]

I havent named her yet, she's a pretty active & curious little one, so Im not sure. Im thinking something to do with Criminal Minds

Here she is:

Those stress stripes have disappeared a lot since being put in her tank. Its a 2.1 gallon, filtered tank. Hopefully I can get some more pictures of her tonight after work when there isnt so many reflections on the glass.

&, now for my first rescue!

I've already named him Gideon [after Criminal Minds lol] - Im not entirely sure what tail type he is, Im guessing VT? He's a big boy, but I just couldnt leave him in the store with all his fins bitten off.

The pic doesnt show off his body colors very well - he has blue/green in his scales. He's in a 3 gallon hospital tank at the moment with API stress coat added to the water. I plan to do a water change everyday. No heater needed as the room he is in gets all the afternoon sun [its summer here anyway].

Not a very active guy, but has eaten 3 pellets I've put in for him.

prosthetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:27 PM   #2 
moonsand0wls

Oh my gosh, he looks so bad, made me cry :( Good on you for rescuing him!! Our world needs more people who care about fish... disgusts me how poorly some fish stores can treat Bettas... and fish in general actually. Congrats, I'm sure he's going to love you for it :) And she's very beautiful I love her tail!
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #3 
prosthetik

Yeah I was a bit worried cause I didnt tell mum about him until she came home from work, & thought she might get cranky cause that brings my Betta total to 5 now lol. But she totally fell in love with him & I cant wait to see how well he does! He already has a little bit of fin growth I've noticed so thats a good sign.

& yeah, she has a a beautiful tail. She's starting to get a bit of green in her as well, I think she is going to turn out really pretty.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #4 
moonsand0wls

Hehe, who can't resist buying them right =) I think she's probably glad you care so much if anything lol. Yeah she's gorgeous I really want a white Betta.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:43 AM   #5 
prosthetik

She's lost a lot of the white in the last few hours. She's getting more blue/teal in her upper body. I kinda hope she keeps a bit of the white, it looks pretty under her light :)
Old 11-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #6 
moonsand0wls

Aww, she probably lost her colour because of the stress... one of my female Betta that I rescued completely lost her colour due to being sick/stressed... rescued her put her in her own tank etc now she's getting it back :') But yes that would be awesome if she kept some of the white!! It's really pretty !
Old 11-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #7 
prosthetik

Well this morning she's got a bit darker with her color, still kinda a blue/teal color, & she keeps showing her breeding stripes even though she cant see any of my males lol.

As for Gideon, he's doing well. Loves to eat which is good. I just cant wait to see some more tail growth :D
Old 11-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #8 
moonsand0wls

Aw cute. She's probably just stressing from the new surroundings, they should go away soon enough :)
Old 11-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #9 
tromboneplaya

The girl looks really pretty...I love her fin color! I can see the blue/green on the boys scales...he's going to be looker once he's all fixed up!!
tromboneplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #10 
prosthetik

Thanks! I still havent come up with a name for her yet. She's just known as 'The Girl' lol.