Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-10-2012, 01:35 AM   #41 
prosthetik

Yeah she hides in the plants and over in the corner hear the heater, theres also one of those half-log decorations she can get under. I just went back in there & he was vigorously working on the nest & she was swimming around underneath it but then he chased her around again & she lost her stripes lol. But when he stopped they came back.

Everything I read doesnt say anything about what happens if stress stripes appear on & off durin chasing, which is what is frustrating me so much.
prosthetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:39 AM   #42 
moonsand0wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosthetik View Post
Yeah she hides in the plants and over in the corner hear the heater, theres also one of those half-log decorations she can get under. I just went back in there & he was vigorously working on the nest & she was swimming around underneath it but then he chased her around again & she lost her stripes lol. But when he stopped they came back.

Everything I read doesnt say anything about what happens if stress stripes appear on & off durin chasing, which is what is frustrating me so much.
Oh, I'm guessing it's normal as the courting can take up to three days. As long as they aren't overly aggressive I'd say let them keep at it and if she's still not responding after three days re-jar her :) She should be fine when you go to work.
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:43 AM   #43 
prosthetik

Yeah Im hoping so. What about overnight tonight? Im guessing thats ok too? Im just worried it will happen while Im asleep & 1. Ill miss the whole thing lol & 2. I wont get to take her out in time.

It makes it sound like I dont know anything lol. I just cant seem to find the answers anywhere online :P
Old 11-10-2012, 01:46 AM   #44 
moonsand0wls

No, no, it's alright LOL.
The only reason I'm not completely lost on breeding is because my sister and my nephews dad are Betta breeders. I'm starting soon, too, and tried to find answers to questions online so I didn't have to ask them, and I was left with no information. -_- A lot of people make it out to be easy online but sometimes I'm thinking it can be really hard haha. I wish they had a step by step guide!!

They should be okay overnight, if he isn't being too aggressive, or if she isn't. It would be okay until morning too, as she has places to hide. Maybe set up a camera to film it? That would really suck missing it! ):
Old 11-10-2012, 02:30 AM   #45 
prosthetik

It really would. She's hanging around the nest a bit more now, but will still run away if he chases her. Its so exciting yet so frustrating!

As much as I enjoy talking to everyone on here, asking questions scares me sometimes because people seem to get really agressive because I dont "have all the facts" & that means Im "clearly not ready to try breeding"
Old 11-10-2012, 02:34 AM   #46 
moonsand0wls

Yeah, eventually she'll get used to it!! Sounds like they're doing great!! :P

Yeah, that sucks, I know what you mean. Everyone has to learn at some point and in doing so you have to ask questions!! A lot of people don't get that, and forget that they've probably had to ask question too. -_- Annoys me.

Had my head snapped off for answering someones question once too. So I try not to answer too many lol!

I wish you could video them courting! Would be interesting to watch :P
Old 11-10-2012, 02:58 AM   #47 
prosthetik

Yeah I took a video of when they first met lol but thats why Im hoping it doesnt happen overnight because I wanna video everything else!
Old 11-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #48 
moonsand0wls

Tell me what's happened when you get online :D :D
Old 11-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #49 
rubinthebetta

Can you post the spawn log when u make it? It seems very interesting. I would like to breed Maggie and Rubin eventually...I'll just have to wait and see.
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #50 
moonsand0wls

I'm sure she will be, It'll be interesting to see :) I'll make her, if she doesn't ;) >_<