Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-08-2012, 01:07 AM   #1 
MidTnBetta

Introducing everyone to my boys

So I know I've posted pics of Cooper, but wanted to show off the boys. All 3 are walmart fish, so not show stock but still gorgeous in their own right. The newbie (no name as of yet) and Coop are VTs, Atlas is CT. I'm not sure what color newbie is. Was told the "traditional" colors, but he's black, turquoise, and red. Appears to have a butterfly pattern. Is that usual in VTs?

Atlas-

My two favorites of Cooper-

Mom!! I'm sleeping!

Newbie- any ideas on color would be great! First pics are from last night when we got him home.

Tonight-

MidTnBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:55 AM   #2 
moonsand0wls

Newbie looks like a roundtail to me :) Soo pretty!! I especially love your CT! And yes it is usual to have more than one color in VT
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:21 AM   #3 
Gryphon

Your fish are cuties! Veiltails can come in so many varieties of color, so it is not unusual that he has a pattern. Walmarts usually do tend to carry your standard red and blue betta, so in that right I guess it is unusual for you to find one that looks like newbie there.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:54 AM   #4 
MidTnBetta

Yeah, they had just gotten a new shipment in. Yay right? *sarcasm* 90% were bright blue, there was one red salamander w/ dalmatian spots and the clear fins w/ a butterfly type pattern. I almost got him until I saw the newbie. They had double ray CT too. One was an orchid colored almost identical to newbie but w/ blue instead of red. I raised fifteen kinds of hell about one that had fin rot. His tail was a stub. A friend went and got him today. Newbie had major stress lines when I got him home, but he's settled in and they've gone away. I'm excited to see what he looks like when he gets older. He's about half the size of the other two so I know he's younger, but not sure how old he is. He's maybe an inch and a half long total. Atlas is a total ham. He's got the 10 gallon to himself right now, but I'm going to be dividing it and putting newbie on one side.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:56 AM   #5 
moonsand0wls

Aw cute :) It's great that your friend went and brought the one with tail rot, rescues are always good. I hate when shops treat their fish poorly.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:09 AM   #6 
MidTnBetta

This one may have come in that way. They'd only had their shipment maybe 3 days total. Water was crystal clear and they'd been fed at least once. I found a pellet on top of newbie's cup. I think I just happened to catch them early when they hadn't been sitting there. I know they weren't there a few days ago as I try to check when I'm in there. I keep saying I can get just one more if I split my 5 gallon tank. lol I really want a female but WM doesn't carry them and the LPS fish are not the nicest.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:15 AM   #7 
moonsand0wls

Yeah, sorry, I didn't word that properly. I don't like how breeders or exporters still send sick or diseased fish and how shops still sell them. Not all though, some are good :)
Old 11-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #8 
MidTnBetta

Lol I knew what you meant. Atlas and Coop weren't in the best of conditions when I got them off the shelves. Judging by the new shipment, they get around 20 or so in. When I bought Coop and Atlas, there were maybe 7 or 8 on the shelf so no telling how long they'd been there.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #9 
Laki

Can you get a pic of the newbie with his ventrals sticking down?? (the two pointy ones in front).. Your newbie looks like my sisters's female VT.

Also, butterfly pattern is having the edge half of the tail white and the rest of the tail and body one solid color, so I don't think you have a buttefly. I could be wrong though, I always think of butterfly bettas as creamsicles. (don't ask, won't tell)

And if you split your 5g you cannot put a male and a female in it. Something to do with hormones and egg spots or something. I have no idea but I heard it's not supposed to be done.
Congrats on your fishies though!! They're lovely, I have a soft spot for the royal blues.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #10 
lelei

Your VT looks like my Sapphire, he is very pretty, and your CT, The VT is more of a Spadetail, like my Red VT, Crimson..LOve the sign..Only Cool Fish Allowed:)
I have 2 females, that get eggy, and one of my females got soo huge with eggs, I was so surprized, not even near a male, but it happens anyways..but they do get eggy..it's soo cool when they drop em tho..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote