her frog is.... hiding?
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #12 
Fishcakes

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
her frog is.... hiding?

What does that have to do with the price of rice in China? Dx my fish is dying by the minute!
Fishcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #13 
Alcemistnv

Fishcakes, do you think you can look at the Disease threads in this sections and see if your fish is looking like any of those pictures?

Also, it might be best to remove your frog now and do a complete 100% change in my opinion. The frog might have brought something into the tank and it's affecting the fish.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #14 
LadyVictorian

I agree, find some tupperware, fill it with water and add water conditioner to it. Get some AQ salt and put your betta in there then start daily water changes on it. The frog might have brought in some disease. Also like they said the bioload could have shocked your tanks system, it happened after I got my frog that my ammonia was spiking more until the tank caught up with the extra bioload from the frog.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #15 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishcakes View Post
What does that have to do with the price of rice in China? Dx my fish is dying by the minute!
lol, well maybe your frog is affected too? Did you do that water change yet or are you just going to sit and watch until we get the disease down to its scientific name? I gave you a solution- to do a 100% water change-, it is your choice whether you want to act on it.....
no one can diagnose your fish right now with the limited information we have....if you want to give him a chance at life, I suggest you do the water change and give the tank a thorough cleaning if you dont have any other clean tanks for him.

and yes, like alcemistnv suggested, best for you to return the frog. you got him three days ago, your fish is dying today, it is likely no coincidence.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #16 
Fishcakes

Ive done a 100% water change and removed the frog. I'm not crazy...I put in AQ salt and he's a bit far gone. I can see through his tail. When I looked at the thread of illnesses it seemed as if he had velvet.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #17 
LadyVictorian

+1 to aokashi

New animals introduced to aquariums need a 2 week qt to make sure they are not bringing in disease. That's how you kill off any animal you own is by throwing a new pet into the equation without waiting to see if it's healthy or not.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #18 
Alcemistnv

ahh if it was velvet, I don't know if it came from the frog or can be trasmitted to the frog.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #19 
ao
TFK Moderator

velvet is apparent when you shine a flashlight on your fish and appears to be a coppery/gold dusting on the fish. it is also one of the most commonly misdiagnosed diseases. was your fish flashing(rubbing against things)? Is he breathing heavily (signs of infection in the gills)?

The problem is, if the frog brought in disease, you really need to find your fish a new quaratine tank and thoroughly clean the current tank.

@ alcemistvnv - I've had velvet transmitted by plants before. But the problem is, I do not believe it normally multiplies to the point of being lethal within 2-3 days.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #20 
Fishcakes

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
+1 to aokashi

New animals introduced to aquariums need a 2 week qt to make sure they are not bringing in disease. That's how you kill off any animal you own is by throwing a new pet into the equation without waiting to see if it's healthy or not.

To you and mostly aokashi : you can go fly a kite. I'm outta here.

Tags
betta diseases