betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #61 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I did not either but glad I am 14.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #62 
Mo

Also. I only think I've given out my address when buying fish. No offense to the people who have voluntarily given out there addresses for no apparent reason.. But do they not understand what can happen to them?

Also. I'm not 13 yet
Old 11-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #63 
LebronTheBetta

Yes, it's reasonable to give out your address to someone you want to buy from. I think the people who do that do it for "fun".
Old 11-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #64 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I dont get why either. If I bought from someone I would check there reputation first.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #65 
Mo

I remember once I got into an argument with another breeder and she gave it my address to a bunch of random people which freaked me out
Old 11-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #66 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Was it on this website? I would think the thing the breeder did would be illegal.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #67 
Mo

No. It wasn't here.

Anyways. I think anybody between the ages of 11-13 can be on here given they are responsible.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #68 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I think anyone under 18 can be here but there parents should monitor them.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:56 AM   #69 
redchigh

Just remember, we can't be everywhere. If you see a problem- even rudeness- report it! Only mods see the reports, they are anonymous as far as members are concerned. Most of the mod's spend a lot of time with mysterious secret mod duties: Reports get our attention though.

Also,you might be interested to know all of the mods have been brainstorming ways to improve the forum: one of which is an "expert" designation, and we've also discussed "tweaking" the rules.
None of these ideas are up for discussion here though. Just behind the scenes moderator work.

Last edited by redchigh; 11-11-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:41 AM   #70 
asukabetta

Age restriction doesn't matter why? Because this is the internet. You have to admit there were times where to apply or make an account you had to confirm that you were "16 over" or something and you just said yes. Or clicked the ""I agree to the disclaimer" without reading it. Those sites just do it to be out of the hot zone, as there is NO certain way on the net to assure that the person is a certain age, except pages like paypal that try to make sure you are overage, by asking you country specific ids, and such. Which isn't applied to forums because then no one would apply.

Minors should be always aware of:

- Being cautious, you never know who is on the other side of the monitor
- Never give out personal information, from real name to location, anything applies - If you want to buy online, have your parents do it for you.
- Do not instigate - I find that instigating or getting trouble with a particular stranger on the net can lead to disastrous consequences later, if you found someone offensive, report to a moderator and do not take matters to your own hands.
- Use antiviruses. Have software that protects your computer against worms, malware, spyware, ransomware...
- Communicate - Make sure your parents know what you are doing, have them help you even, let them supervise you.

these are things I tell my sisters all the time.

Last edited by asukabetta; 11-11-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Closed Thread