Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 06:01 AM   #71 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

But it is a law and you should always follow laws.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #72 
Alcemistnv

Quote:
Originally Posted by asukabetta View Post
- Do not instigate - I find that instigating or getting trouble with a particular stranger on the net can lead to disastrous consequences later, if you found someone offensive, report to a moderator and do not take matters to your own hands.

This is a HUGE one. I was working on a site as something equivalent to a virtual assistant, and I can't even begin to tell you the amount of users younger than 13 who would start arguments and then find some excusue running along the lines of "oh that was my sister!", but in the TOS it states that any actions made, unless you were hacked by someone, is ruled as your own. So they kinda got into even more trouble :/

Hence why when I go on gaming sims now, I try to lean towards those with a 16 and over policy onl because of ym personal experience. Of course there are those who are young and I would have never known (like Mo) because of their maturity. And I applaud those for it and think that they should be treated like an adult.

But there are some users I see on those sites that I can tel they're underage (or they're OF age and just immature) and it kinda makes me wonder what the mods are capable of doing. But I guess its a somewhat different enviornment, but either way, it's an interesting topic/thought.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #73 
redchigh

There's a thin line we moderators have to balance on.

We can't let the forum fall into pure anarchy, but don't want to infringe on "free speech" either. It's not easy.

On the 13 and up issue, the law is for members and the forum's benefit.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #74 
LittleBettaFish

You have to also be very careful that you do not openly flout the forum provider's TOS as if you read the fine print sometimes this can involve deletion or suspension of the entire forum.

Therefore, if anyone is underage I would recommend they don't go blabbing it around.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #75 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

What do you mean deletion of forum?
Old 11-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #76 
LittleBettaFish

Well I think unless they are actually paying to host the forum you have to be careful to abide by the TOS otherwise the forum can be removed. Not sure if this is covered under this specific forum's TOS, but I just wanted to be sure that members understand that the TOS are generally there for a (legal) reason.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #77 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Okay and I would hate for this forum to be gone.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #78 
Sena Hansler

I do know some people who go to "13 and up" forums and are underage (but we won't tell anyone ;) )

I came from Yahoo Answers. WORST PLACE EVER. Where you get ridiculed, yelled at, and told that you are a terrible person who should just crawl into a hole and die to ease everyone else's annoyance with you. Someone on here, got me to come here - and I have never looked back :)

Every person on here has their own skill. Learning who's who, takes some time but is doable. OFL is great with breeding! Mo is the plant expert! etc :p
Old 11-12-2012, 06:48 AM   #79 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Yahoo is terrible. People just want you to agree with them.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:08 AM   #80 
Mike

Hi everyone,

To clear up any confusion, members must be 13 or older to join and participate here. While younger members who joined before this age requirement was put in place can be "grand fathered" in, they will need to have a parent contact us and provide their consent.

We will be following up with members we learn to be under 13. If you are under 13 and would like to help insure uninterrupted access to the community, please send me a PM.

I am closing this thread to ensure that this post is not lost among any subsequent posts.

Thanks,
Administrator
Closed Thread